View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #22
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Poll: Which global skill rating system is best ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Issue there is the assumption that there will be too many files with that one specific skillset only with nothing else all also in the same small difficulty range, but way too many files would need to be added for this to be the case.
That's correct. However, if you add sufficiently enough files into the engine (whether the time it takes to reach that state is 5 years vs 50 years), you will eventually run into this issue in some finite amount of time (unless we decide to retire FFR and not add any more files into the engine haha).

This solution regardless how the engine and how FFR ages over time will be built to avoid these scalability concerns that will inevitably be present. This is why I'm advocating for the weighted solution. In the unweighted case, you have to have sufficiently enough people to play sufficiently enough files to be considered ranked. Is that guaranteed to happen? Who knows? Personally, I wouldn't hedge my bets on it if I know a solution that can circumvent these potential issues.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote