Thread: [Official Event] The New Musician Reward System
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Wiki StaffFFR Veteran

Default The New Musician Reward System

Hello! I'll be running a new reward system that involves stepping songs for FFR with new musicians. When you a submit file with a new musician to any batch and it gets accepted, you will earn a point. Most points award you credits, but earn a certain amount and you can win an event token!

Rules and Useful Information
How do I sign up?
As soon as you submit a file through the FFR batch system, you've essentially signed up. You do not need to post in this thread if you don't want to. I'll be tracking all submissions and whether or not they contain a new musician. Accepted submissions that meet the new musician requirements will be tracked.

How do I know if a musician is new to FFR?
The easiest method would probably be to ask me in this thread. I've already gone through and tracked every new musician that's currently in our queue waiting to be released, on top of every new musician in files that have been accepted or unjudged in all of the batches for this year. Otherwise you can follow the steps below:

First, check out our Permissions List and Information thread. This will provide you with a list of the artists that have given FFR permission to use their work. After that, the easiest way to see if the musician you've selected is new is to head over to the song list page and do a musician search for them. You'll also want to check our queue of accepted files, and then the batches for this year to see what has been submitted/accepted so far.

How does the point system work?
You can only receive a maximum of one point per accepted file and a minimum of half a point. This means if your file has multiple new musicians, you will only receive one point. If you collaborate on a file with other people, everyone will receive half a point. If you and someone else separately submit two files by the same new musician, you each receive half a point. This is an annual event, so points reset at the end of the year. For example, eligible batches for earning points in 2022 are from those that opened in 2022.

A new musician is a musician regardless of the permission source. If FFR got permission from a label and that label has 20 new musicians in it, that's 20 potential points up for grabs. It's important to note that a new musician is considered as the single individual behind the music. If they have multiple aliases, it still is only one new musician for the sake of this event.

There may be unique cases of handing out points that I'll have to address as time goes on. (Such as if a song has a ridiculous amount of new musicians and it could be unfair to prevent others from using them.) I'll try to be as flexible as possible.

How do I know how many points I have?
I keep track of all of that on a spreadsheet for each year shown below:

The spreadsheet is a reference for various aspects of the process, but feel free to message me if I missed anything or if you have any questions. I only start tracking files in a batch once that batch has closed. I'll try to keep the spreadsheet updated soon after judges post notes.

Because of it being late in the year and points resetting annually, I am retroactively counting points for all eligible files in batches with a 2022 opening date.

What if someone submits a file with the same musician before me but mine gets accepted before theirs?
I consider a file's acceptance date as the closing date for the batch it was submitted in. This is to make points not dependent on when a file is judged. Submitting files to batches that close earlier in the year will give you the advantage of having the musician still be new.

What are the rewards?
For the most part, you'll be receiving 10,000 credits per point earned. On the 3rd, 6th, and 10th point, you have the option of choosing an event token! Eligible tokens are those stated as being "prizes during officially sanctioned events" but I'll provide a list below as well.

You can only receive a maximum of three event tokens a year through this event. If you have all of the event tokens, you can either gift your token to someone else or take 50k credits instead. (You can choose the 50k credit reward instead even if you don't have all of the event tokens.) I'll message those that are eligible for an event token via Discord, FFR profiles, and/or an FFR PM so they can make their selection. If I don't receive a response within a month, the token will be gifted away instead.

How does gifting work?
You're allowed to gift away an event token even if you don't already have all of the event tokens that are awarded through this event. A user is eligible for this gift if they have earned at least half a point and haven't earned an event token from this event.

My file was accepted! When do I receive my award?
To stay in line with the submission guidelines, rewards for accepted files will not be handed out earlier than two weeks from when a file was accepted. This is to allow for fixes before the file becomes queued. I'll be able to hand out the rewards very quickly once everything checks out.

For the purpose of this event, a file marked as "Change Recommended" or "Fixes Required" will be considered as a pending accepted file. However, your point/reward will not be handed out until you've followed the required process for the rating as per the submission guidelines thread.

I know that's a lot of information to go over but please ask me any questions you may have! This event is designed to benefit those that choose to bring more wonderful new musicians into this game, so I want to make sure everything makes sense for you. If you also notice that I missed a new musician you had accepted, or I marked one as being new when it isn't (such as missing an alias), let me know! You can post in this thread, send me a PM, or message me on Discord. If this event goes well, I'll continue it for next year.

Good luck!!

Last edited by XJ-9; 11-22-2023 at 04:52 PM..
XJ-9 is offline   Reply With Quote