View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #12
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Definition of a FFR AA

If the primary goal of introducing AA is to replace FC counts, I disagree. In other rhythm game communities, AA is simply just a grade received on your performance of the file. This can cause more confusion for new Etterna players thinking "wtf why is it so easy to get an AA on FFR lmfao?" If you really want to introduce AA, you might as well start introducing other grades like A, B, C, etc. in this definition as well.

However, any hypothetical AA, A, B, C, D, etc. is not contributive to your skill rating. It's only just letters designed to unofficially and unnecessarily validate your own skills while playing this game. I say unofficially because these grades are not factored into the skill ratings computation and I say unnecessarily because your scores should be enough to make you feel proud.

If the skill ratings formula is revamped to somehow incorporate these grades, then my vote would have switched to "Yes". Right now, the AA proposal just seems like another one of millions of random stats we currently have on this website lmfao.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote