noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Need music recommendations | 1 year challenge

Day Thirty-Four - January 3rd, 2014
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

2003-2008 by RTPN (recommended by DragonIIDX)

1. Awakening
2. Pulse
3. Boomslang
4. Inside
5. Feedback
6. Cell
7. Hypersleep
8. Abyss
9. Crossfire
10. Termination
11. Trigger
12. Shattered
13. Aftershock
14. Extacy
15. Solarize
16. Blinded - Terror
17. The Fall

RTPN is a finnish electronic/industrial rock/metal duo founded by Asko Katiska and Sami Anttila at 2003. Couldn't find a lot about this group except they made some Celldweller and Subkulture remixes in the past.

A lot of hidden industrial rock gems on this compilation. Very similar to Celldweller, Blue Stahli, Subkulture. I gotta say, it's better than those last two, and close to Celldweller's debut in terms of quality (better consistency at least). The guitar riffs are a bit straightforward (Crossfire, Inside, etc.) or memorable, like in the opener, Awakening. Some good trance beats here and there : Pulse, Termination, Shattered. An enjoyable ride. The guitar on Aftershock, on the other hand, is annoying and grating. Some darker, bleaker moods in Feedback and Abyss has a nice drum sequence going on. Mostly instrumental, but features whispering vocals (good), minimal spoken words or clean vocals on some songs, and muffled growling on Trigger (bad).

So, I wasn't expecting a lot based on how little I could find about them. I was instead, pleasantly surprised. Too long for me, I could remove probably 5-6 filler songs. It's energetic and has a nice mixture of different genres.

My rating : ★★★★★★★★☆☆

Ooo was able to catch up.

Last edited by noname219; 01-5-2014 at 01:53 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote