Thread: Ricochet Voting
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Ricochet Voting

Ricochet 1 - Nice meme

Ricochet 2 - Had me a tiny bit lost at the color theory balance that was happening at the beginning of the file, but majority of the rest of the file performed above par for the course. Pretty good contender. Reminds me a lot of my own stepping.

Ricochet 3 - Definitely think the file here could have used a lot more fleshing out as some sections of the file are missing arrows/beats that are present in other sections of the file, as well as a bit more integrity towards pattern consistency. I'm all for switching up a file for repetition sakes, but there are some massive pattern changes mid-way through repetitive sections that kind of takes away from the experience of the file for me.

Ricochet 4 - I'm really digging the piano grace notes in this specific one, and the color theory balance is pretty hot. Has a couple of sections where I'm getting the same 'missing arrows/beats' vibes as 3, but definitely played down to a minimal amount.

Ricochet 5 - Some noticeable inconsistencies across sections and suggestive patterning in this one that some other versions already reviewed outperform on. Most noticable was the piano grace notes being present in the later half, but not the first half. Agree with Autotelic's take on the [13][24] jumptrill.

Ricochet 6 - Fairly well structured file, wasn't particularly a fan of the white quads on what I would consider 'soft vocals', and the streamlined 3/4 section that contained no breaks in the introduction to the section. Probably what does it in for be in comparison to Ricochet 2 and Ricochet 4.

Ricochet 7 - I think this chart is a great attempt. The cut start was a center-left throw that makes it stand out from other contenders, and there is nothing inherently wrong for it except for a few missing sets of arrows. I think I like the cut on this one more than any other song in this batch.

Ricochet 8 - Made me laugh. Thank you.

This is a very hard pick imo. 6 is pretty close, but 2 and 4 are basically neck and neck. 2 has more chart stability and is more clean/refined, but 4 in my opinion is more fun to play.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote