View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 10:30 PM   #9
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Find a Way Out Voting

Find a Way Out 1 had an interesting structure. For a song with vocals, I expected vocals. Did not get that. Instead, got a lot of trill-structured patterns and staircase triplets.

Find a Way Out 2 Was also an interesting mix, but reminds me a lot of how IcyWorld would step a Dragonforce chart, for StepMania. Unfortunately, this doesn't feel quite like the song that would merit that sort of pander. There was also a lot of jumps & hands that felt like they should have been swapped for one another as well.

Find a Way Out 3 Had the vocals I was looking for. The vocals at the intro of the file seemed like they had a subtle amount of dump to them, but the core of the file was very nicely structured, and I wasn't getting lost in what the Stepauthor was trying to provide in the file. Very nice. Has my vote.

Find a Way Out 4 Had a good idea set in stone, and lost it to conversion. Good example of why people should move away from placing grace notes 'as-is', and look into placing them based on a ms-timing format, and utilizing BPM changes.

Find a Way Out 5 had a similar impression to me like Find a Way Out 3, but lacking a little more in stream structure in comparison. Holds up very well against others however.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote