View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #9
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: Virtual Reality headsets

One of my roommates actually received a scholarship from oculus rift, and through some extra events, our house of 6 in senior year received like 4 oculus rift development kits for free and it was super cool.

Also went to a hackathon where the dk2 was debuted, and holy balls if you have the money, this is not something that you'd want to be missing out on. There's some specifications about virtual reality, such as (i think) you need to have a certain fps threshold to prevent motion sickness, as well as a very low latency to make sure the illusion isn't broken, which could potentially require a really good computer. Of course, there's some headset that allows you to use like an hTC phone or something as the screen, but idk.

The dk2 had an impressive field of view - I felt like i could look all the way to the side, and still see things. Again, as skeptical as "virtual reality" sounds, it's hella cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote