View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 04:13 PM   #302
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Doing song general searches, yeah. Doesn't appear that No. 5 is specifically associated/referenced/known-as 'Caprice' and instead refers to the series of 24, with 5 & 24 both being the most popular, so this will get changed to Caprice No. 5.

'Caprice for Solo Violin, Op. 1 No. 5' might be pushing it just a bit and I'd like to dial back on other titles within FFR that do the same thing, because there are other iterations of the same song referenced as 'Caprice No. 5' but not Solo Violin, just this iteration from this composer happens to be Solo Violin.
(See: Flight of the Bumblebee [Rimsky-Korsakov], Flight of the Bumblebee [MonstDeath], and Flight of the Bumblebee [U.S. Army].)

The only other iteration where full title such-as above is used, is 'Etude Op. 10, No. 3 in E major' and 'Etude Op. 10, No. 9 in F minor', as both are from Frederic Chopin, labeled as 'Etude', within the same Opus, and the only difference is its numerical location in the Opus. I would like to drop the 'in F minor / in E major' since that info is subtly irrelevant to the song name itself, but that's discussion for a different time I guess. Similar to the above argument, it happens to be performed in F minor or E major, but doesn't change that the song in-question is Op. 10, No. 3 or Op. 10, No. 9.

And then, there's the absolute butchering imo of 'Caprice for Violin in B minor Theme and Variations'.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-18-2022 at 04:17 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote