View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #32
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?

I was introduced to FFR by my high school orchestra friends. I really enjoy playing games that continually engage me (like tapping alongside the music) under a setting where self-improvement is important. For these reasons, I continue to stay around trying to explore how much more I can accomplish on FFR while making great FFRiends along the way.

What is the story behind your username?

One of my closest online friends (who I actually met through FFR), made a joke to call me "Willy-woo" since "Willy" is one of my least favorite nicknames. Myself wanting to add a stereotypical Asian spin to my name at a young age, my name became WirryWoo. Ever since then, I really felt that this username is super personalized and continually use it as my online alias.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)

Shoutouts to all of my closest FFRiends, namely XJ-9, T-Force, Niala, Elite Ninja, Sky Kitten, bmah, SK8R43 and Trumpet63 (definitely missing a handful more here) who have continually supported me throughout the many years I've been with FFR. They've encouraged me to continue stepping files, improving my personal bests, and supporting my data science efforts in trying to improve the overall player experience on FFR.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)

I have been working on creating a difficulty model using data science and machine learning to help difficulty consultants make decisions with identifying difficulties of new files, and worked on writing Python code to help improve Official Tournament placements. I have plans to continue those efforts (been juggling with IRL, other side projects, and work, so I have been busy), but ideally I would like to see all of these prototypes eventually make its way to becoming future features for FFR.

Last edited by WirryWoo; 12-17-2022 at 03:01 PM..
WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote