View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 02:07 PM   #52
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftyb View Post
no normal person wants to casually listen to breakcore
late as fuck post, and not meaning to call anyone out but, I think there could be a really interesting conversation between you and Gradiant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
the question is more about how prepared the current judge team is to assess that.
I can safely say for myself I have a huge bias on what makes a good dump chart vs what makes a bad chart so I am very much unprepared myself to hand out judgment on dump files. Therefore, I will probably not be judging many dump files at all (At least, I am well aware of that bias, and don't wish to impede files in the system because of it).

On the topic of whether judges are ready for it or not, I don't think they would open a special batch for it unless they had a modicum of readiness and confidence in judging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
I stepped the TV static very accurately to the music. that part took me hours. ffr is the only 'true' 4k rhythm game left because it actually steps accurately to the music, and it makes ffr unique.
I think a counter-argument can be made in the light of Wiosna's recent SotW post that delves into how dumps getting accepted into FFR has been a long-time movement since the inception of Vantablack & Naruto's Ninja Way being put in-game. Ghost notes have been slowly added and sprinkled into bass wobbles for emphasis over multiple charts to make said songs more interesting. Which has led into ghost notes for music layering, then structure, and eventually dump files.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 08-21-2022 at 02:22 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote