View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 04:52 PM   #38
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
Why shouldn't they be allowed in game? They're a valid form of charting and allows more options for higher difficulty songs (when we need more d8-9 content this is important). Just because we're going to start accepting dumps (and tbh we've been heading this way for a while) doesn't mean we're going to start putting bad files into the game. In all honesty, it'll probably be more scrutinized than regular files. To quote the op "dumping is a style of charting, not an excuse to make poor files!"

I'm not a huge fan of dump files myself, but i still agree they deserve to be put in game, especially when done well.
having the charts stepped accurately to the music has always been a staple of ffr. I didn’t spend hours and hours slowing down the music to try and make out minute sounds, make sure jumps are stepped to the correct sounds, make sure all the layering is accurate and consistent, just for that to get all thrown out of the window with dumps being accepted.
klimtkiller is offline   Reply With Quote