View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 11:12 PM   #204
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

1) mainstream labels can look at the credits all they want. FFR is trying to be as fair as possible by providing attribution to everyone involved in a music piece, not just the remixer. If a particular music label does not want to be credited out of fear of being associated with FFR (which FFR very much does not to any one particular music artist or label), or another reason, then they can get in-contact with FFR through FFR's e-mail system. In most cases involved here, FFR adopted the attribution provided by the initial song release of the music author. If the song in question never credited other authors, then they likely were never included here.

2) Aliases should be under the name of the Alias in which they were published. Even if one particular author goes under many different Aliases (such as Renard). These Aliases are credited by linking to the main music author's wiki page, where their Aliases are listed, and what songs are currently in-game under which Alias name.

3) What I am getting at is related to bullet point 2 above, in clarification regarding Aliases. Andrew Huang has songs in-game under 'Andrew Huang', 'Girl' and 'songstowearpantsto'. They also have the added alias of 'andrewismusic'. All the songs are credited differently based on how they are published for release, and I am requesting a confirmation of how exactly we should handle attribution of these songs. Am I updating ONLY the songs credited to 'songstowearpantsto'? Am I changing ALL of Andrew Huang's crediting to 'Songs To Wear Pants To'? Or am I changing only the ones outlined in your previous post?

4) & 5) have been Fixed and yes, you were correct on "Kyrn feat. jihnsius & Charlotte Summer" in this case.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote