View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #314
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Misc. progress thread

Damn dude, sorry to hear about your back.

My back started giving me problems while squatting a few weeks ago. Felt like disk compression. Cause was probably related to ...from what I've determined, physiological buttwink that I can't really fix when hitting depth.

I spent over 2 months improving my flexibility thinking it was due to the typical "tight hamstring" crap I always hear. I improved my flexibility dramatically. My mobility was through the roof (can almost do a full splits). Buttwink completely unchanged though.

Made the executive decision 3 weeks ago that my back is far too important to be playing with, so I am completely done with squatting and traditional deadlifting forever.

I think it is for the best. I don't plan on competing and I don't want back problems. It's not worth it to me.

I'm doing Barbell lunges now instead of squats and LOVING them. Still doing RDLs and I've added Barbell hip thrusts (which are amazing btw holy shit).

Life is good, I don't feel like I'm missing out at all.

Bench PR for me today, 245 x 7. Holy shit, trying to catch Chris yet right now I weigh 192 LOL.