View Single Post
Old 03-7-2015, 10:29 PM   #36
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: So let's talk about how garbage Skype is for a second

Not really in a position to have everyone in FFR switch over from Skype to some other program that we can all agree on - there are a ton of people that use Skype for Teams, Groups, Rivalries, Tournaments, and Competition tracking/communications. I am somewhat versed in how to use teamspeak & ventrilo. Never used mumble, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of better open-sourced alternatives to what you provided that haven't been thought of yet.

also as a quick update: skype support still hasn't gotten back to me, from the message I sent in response to their 2nd message.

I will begin taking bets as to whether they will reach me by 10:00 the next morning. If they do not do so by then, they will have wasted 26 hours of my time that I could have been using talking on Skype, and then I would probably have valid reason to yell at them for not responding within their projected 24 hour time period that is required for them to even respond to a message.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
all of these reasons are pretty saddening. Makes me wish that FFR never got itself involved with Skype for outside of FFR communications.

They forgot to add though to the list that their support team is remarkably horrendous.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-7-2015 at 10:34 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote