View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: How do you know when it is the time to change careers and life goals/ambitions?

If you're truly unsure, pick something that will at least make you well-rounded enough to have options later.

There's nothing wrong with changing your course whenever you want, really, especially when you're young. Some people completely change industries/professions into their 30's, 40's, and even 50's and still do just fine and have happy, fulfilling lives.

I think there's too much emphasis on optimizing shit when you're too young to make that decision with any sort of wisdom, and there really isn't an optimal solution because sometimes it makes sense to change course depending on your goals and the nature of the current markets.

I went to business school where I basically studied intense finance, only to find that I didn't like pure finance in the real world. I've since changed course and have been much happier for it, and I've actually been able to expand my skills in the meantime. Changing courses can be great if it means you become a double or even triple threat.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 12-21-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote