Old 06-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #56
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Then it wasn't very good experimentation. I'm nothing if not honest in the way I feel about a file, and there is no need to tell me to get out of my comfort zone - I didn't think it was a good file, and that's that. I appreciate different forms of stepping, but that doesn't make it good you know.
I was more or less referring to your statement "I was shocked to see that you made this". By that I presume one would expect me to stick with what I know and make the same sort of files I've been making in the past. I'm glad you can appreciate different styles of stepping, but it sure sounded like you expected one thing out of me.

More importantly, as I've quoted earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Yeah, I made a very hardpain chart for Bingo Highway, but I put it as the Oni. The unfortunate part is that people here tend to review the hardest chart and base their reviews off of that. Some people even turn off mines and still make reviews, despite mines being integral to many files (hey wc).

guys, review sensibly!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Also, I played it with mines off (I fully admit it, I'm not man enough to play with them on ). I had no idea that was a mine file - I judged it solely based on the characteristics of the notes themselves, which ultimately is what every file should be, even ones with mines.
Well there's your problem. You're going to get an extremely plain chart without mines (only appears in heavy). I don't know why people turn off mine when they REVIEW charts. That's like writing a math test without knowing some of the formulas. You're missing a great deal from it.

I saw this coming from a mile away and am still miffed that people still review files without turning on the essential components. Put freezes on. Put mines on. Then review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
tbh if you submit a file to a pack that more than just the judges for that pack are going to play you should expect harsh criticism somewhere

if one user doesnt like your file it doesnt mean everyone hates it so try not to get offended or annoyed if someone doesnt like it
I can take a review. What I don't take is when people do not play the files as they should be and then base reviews off of that. Or, review solely off the hardest chart assuming that any other difficulty would be boring. It is no less ridiculous than someone making a review on a negative bpm xmod file while trying to play it with cmods.

Last edited by bmah; 06-21-2012 at 06:57 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote