Old 09-5-2009, 06:09 PM   #1985
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
During that Koralon fight, the problem is that it was hard for our main tank to move and build threat at the same time. The warlocks and hunters were always riding close to him on threat so I had to cycle Vigilance amongst them and intervene to them whenever the cooldown was up to decrease threat and charge right back to the boss to absorb magma fists. It wasn't difficult at all, it was just hard to make sure the tank could stay on top of threat.

~Tsugomaru
Wow, you either have some super dps or that warrior needs more hit and expertise...

Also, I was trying a koralon run last night and ended up extremely frustrated with my group who died like 12 times. The problem (in my eyes) was that the tank seemed to be under the impression that the boss had to be constantly moving. This was alright for the most part, but the other tank (like 85% of people who play WoW) was incompetent and couldn't follow the MT around to help absorb meteor fist hits. The healers complained that the damage was too much and a whole lot of other things.

So my question is: What's the point of kiting the boss so much? I was a melee dps last night (normally I tank but there were two tanks already) and I had no problems avoiding the fire on the ground. I told the tank many times to only move when he was in the fire and HAD to. But he didn't listen. Was my group just adding extra complication to this fight?

P.S: I have a geared healer, tank and dps, I know how to play this game. I didn't see any sort of damage besides the meteor fist hits that seemed "difficult to heal through". I'm really wishing I had the capacity to play multiple characters at once; I'm sure I could do better than many of the people on my server who're only playing one...
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote