Old 12-2-2008, 07:27 PM   #47
STD_Sappy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to STD_Sappy Send a message via MSN to STD_Sappy
Default Re: Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
No, you can tell me to chill when I go on an abortion rant, or an immigration rant, or a rant about vacuums, but not about this bull****. This is some of the worst literary and film diarrhea to hit shelves and the screen, and the fact that so many vacuous consumers eat it up just shows me that they like to eat poop. They would eat poop if it were in front of them.

Jesus, the books have NO redeeming qualities. NONE. They tell the story of a selfish, uninteresting girl who magically gets WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS by the end of the story. What does she want? A possesive, overbearing, abusive boyfriend -- he removes her car engine at one point to stop her from seeing other guys -- marriage, a child, her love problems solved. Even her father, who relies on her throughout the entire series meets a woman at the opportune time for Bella to leave the proverbial nest.

It's not even candy. Candy is a joy to eat, despite the fact that it has no redeeming nutritional value. The books are a poorly written exercise in tedium and bland description of how hot, smoldering, sexy Edwards eyes are (smoldering eyes? really?) that teach young people that the kind of romance featured in the books is the kind of romance they should be out looking for.

It's literal ****.

But if you want to eat it, that's fine. Just don't make anyone else smell your breath.
I wouldn't eat poop, and I love the series. I think you're misunderstanding everything. The point that the author was trying to create was a new view on vampires, as opposed to the stereotypical vampire (moats, ugly, stupid) made a lot of people have a new perspective on what vampires can really be (beautiful, charming, and like normal people). That's how I see it, she gave a new vision on something that was pretty old and the same at all times. And, by the way, a book can never have the "perfect" girl, or "perfect" guy, EVERYBODY has their flaws, so insulting it senselessly is just rude for the people who enjoy the series.

Sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Amen.
Because he's so well known. ;]
Lol, I love these people. <3

Last edited by STD_Sappy; 12-2-2008 at 07:30 PM..
STD_Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote