devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsodic Truth
Isn't "science" the same as "God"?
No, that is why they are different words that refer to demonstrably different things. This statement makes the same sense as "Aren't badgers the same as cupboards?"

Quote:
You can't be completely sure of either.
the integral difference is that science admits its margin for error and constantly seeks to find errors and correct them, while religion is static and tends towards stating that things are universally "this way" always have been and always will be, and brook no attempts to disprove.

Quote:
You can only prove your theories and test a hypothesis on THIS planet, as far as I have seen.
For hypotheses and theories that refer to this planet and the things on it, I'm pretty sure that "this planet" is a pretty accurate sample size.

Quote:
There's plenty of evidence supporting God as there is supporting Science.
Please supply this evidence. Ensure that it is tested, testable, reproducable, and consistant across all attempts to examine it.

Quote:
And your idea, concept, conviction of god is as childish as they come, but I'm not going to be a jerk, so I accept your opinions.
Just because you feel God is involved in doing more things than watching Jewp masturbate (And god knows, jewp spends enough time doing that) you must admit that an omniscient deity is by definition watching jewp masturbate.

Edit: Wow, poor guy got triple teamed all at once. (Was god watching that just now? Oof)
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote