Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Contest] FFR Perfect Project: Revival (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115145)

FFRPerfectProject 11-5-2010 10:30 AM

FFR Perfect Project: Revival

In the spreadsheet linked above we will keep a running list of all songs and update them with video links and contributors as more videos are uploaded. The idea is to upload AAA videos of as many songs as we can. If you have such a video, please submit your FFR name and video link (you can upload the video to something like Mediafire) to ffrperfectproject@gmail.com.

The YouTube account itself is located here: http://www.youtube.com/user/theffrperfectproject

As of now only these users have access to the accounts. Questions and suggestions can be directed at them.

Main Owners:
justin
SubaruPoptart

Backup help:
rushyrulz

Previous Contributors:
Thanks to Lonevvolf for the idea!
Prior backup help: KotHN
Prior main owner: Plan_Bsk81127
Prior backup help: DossarLX ODI

Rules and Conditions:

1. Using any speedmod you like is fine, but try to keep the modifications limited to Mirror at most.
2. Ideally these videos should be live recordings. If you're not comfortable showing your whole appearance/face, an alternative that's acceptable is to screencap the song (i.e. OBS, XSplit, etc.), while having a handcam of some sort pointing at your keyboard as you play the song in frame. A video that is solely a screen recording will not be accepted, as that serves the same purpose as an FFR Replay.
3. Make sure the quality is decent and that we can actually see the screen and all that sort of thing. Seeing your Otaku Speedvibe Oni AAA is not nearly as impressive if we have to squint to see it.
4. Videos are uploaded on a first come first serve basis. You may post in this thread your intentions to AAA a song, but you are responsible for completing that as quickly as possible. In the interest of fairness we may upload multiple videos of one song.
5. When you send in your videos, please name the title of your email/video file "Song (Username)", this way we know who is the one playing the song and can be recognized for it.

The Website:

In this iteration of the FFR Perfect Project we've created a website for the project where you can easily view which songs have been done already (and watch their video submissions if you'd like), and which songs still need to be completed. A breakdown of the website is listed below, for better understanding of the details/usage.

Home Page (www.ffrperfectproject.com)
The header stats of FFRPP.com are all relevant to the project - all figures are calculated off of submitted videos, meaning that we'll have an active count of the Level, GT, and Credits that are associated with the FFRPP video submissions!

Currently the FFRPP homepage is NOT mobile friendly, BUT the Search page discussed next is. It is next on my agenda to create mobile-friendly styling for the homepage to welcome users who are visiting via mobile.

Search Page (www.ffrperfectproject.com/#search)
On the song search page, searching any song detail returns results based on that search and displays red or yellow on the left depending on if a submission has been received for the video in question. Clicking the song will pull up a pop-up that contains song information as well as allowing you to view the video of the submission if it is a song that we've received and uploaded a submission for!

more to come...
In the coming weeks we'll be working on finishing up a Browse section that will allow users to search based on specific criteria, making it easier to filter all songs that fit a certain criteria and see what still needs a submission to the project! We also intend to have a dedicated stats page that allows users to see summaries of AAAs across various criteria/groupings for interesting stats.

Once again for reference, here is the website URL: http://www.ffrperfectproject.com

Full list found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

*Suggestions on how to improve this project are always welcome, just post in this thread with your ideas!

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 10:35 AM

Re: FFR Perfect Project

I suppose I'll do some of the easier ones on my laptop that actually records audio in sync with the video.

If it's okay with you to have some delay, I might do some 10s or something on my XP.

lol, in b4 OP.

KotHN 11-5-2010 10:35 AM

oh rubix, you are so speedy and beautiful :P
okay well, all's well and good then!

Xayphon 11-5-2010 10:38 AM

I hope this thread is going to get attention...

MrRubix 11-5-2010 10:38 AM

The FFR account, Gmail account, and Youtube account all use the same password.

If you want to be able to maintain the list/upload videos/etc, contact KotHN or myself (and I really advise that you do because lord knows I'm going to be too lazy to upload other people's stuff).

But if you want to have access to this stuff, don't be a douche by changing the passwords so other people can't gain access.

One Winged Angel 11-5-2010 10:40 AM

can we reserve songs on the condition that we deliver within the next three days or so? :twisted:

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 10:40 AM

Should there be like a rule that all songs must be played without mods like mirrors? Or does it not matter?

MrRubix 11-5-2010 10:40 AM

Yeah, let me add some conditions in the post.

KotHN 11-5-2010 10:52 AM

well I'll call dibs on Toph's OP and From Mount Chorus cause I can't get either of those songs out of my head and I'm a scrub :P

One Winged Angel 11-5-2010 10:52 AM

reserving:

Vijore
Tell Me A Story
Bus Rides With People
Epic
Feldschlacht
Nebula [she]
Club
Document 13b
Bloodmeat
Oni

if I'm reserving too much, let me know

FFRPerfectProject 11-5-2010 10:53 AM

Maybe limit the reserving to 5 or 10? opinions?

MrRubix 11-5-2010 10:54 AM

Either that or we can allow multiple uploads for a particular song.

One Winged Angel 11-5-2010 10:55 AM

I like 10 because lol coincidences, but if this project gets to the point where a large percentage of active players want to contribute, cut it down to 5

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 10:55 AM

I'll try to get ahold of my moms camera since I think its better quality.

I'll have these reserved for now

-Chaoz Fantasy
-Turbulence
-Balloon Fever
-Slaytronic
-XP Sound Attempts

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 10:57 AM

Reserving: (for the next 3 days if I can't deliver)

Yoshi's Cookie
Brooks Was Here [Heavy]
Horizon
Burnout
La Luna Caida

(dumb laptop makin me do noob songs >=(...)

SKG_Scintill 11-5-2010 10:57 AM

obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQBNSkLx2A8

yes or no?

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:02 AM

Heheheheh we should have a massive list for Excite Bike in all its glorious ways of being AAA'd

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 11:09 AM

Is it okay if I AAA something on my XP and use the replay it on velocity's engine (like my largiloquent dithyramb vid here) to record the replay with the camstudio on my laptop?

One Winged Angel 11-5-2010 11:09 AM

if I AAA excite bike with my member but I throw a sock over it would that be accepted y/n

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3335458)
Is it okay if I AAA something on my XP and use the replay it on velocity's engine (like my largiloquent dithyramb vid here) to record the replay with the camstudio on my laptop?

As stated in the rules, it should be a live recording.

KotHN 11-5-2010 11:11 AM

also to clarify, like OWA said we'll leave the reserve limit at 10, unless it gets busy, then we'll lower it to 5.

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3335459)
if I AAA excite bike with my member but I throw a sock over it would that be accepted y/n

Only if it's as impressive as it is frightening.

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:12 AM

Whoever's logged in as FPP please edit the main post accordingly

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3335423)
If it's okay with you to have some delay, I might do some 10s or something on my XP.

It's a pretty big delay (prolly a good second or two)

A. is this okay?
B. if not, can you recommend any good video recording software (free?)

I can also get a better angle.

KotHN 11-5-2010 11:15 AM

just signed out, but i've got the dibs-ing up to date. added a "updated up to post#" because i guess it'd be easier to keep track of the reserving of songs.
Also gonna add the reserve limit rule and a list of people who have access to the accounts (so far me, MrRubix and Plan_bsk8)

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 11:23 AM

Reserving:

(8) Coactive
(9) {Rose}
(10) Keep in Mind :)
(10) Pure in Asia
(11) World Tour 2004
(11) Silly Symphony
(11) Starwolf
(11) 4 Chord Touhou
(12) Tageri
(12) Hardkore Atomic

KotHN 11-5-2010 11:24 AM

yay, halo!

Sweet Serenity 11-5-2010 11:24 AM

Interesting thread is interesting.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 11:26 AM

My ten songs have been put up on my post. I'll get to these tonight/tomorrow/etc.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 11:30 AM

(Alternate suggestion: take a recording of the chart via replay and apply it to the live video - make it PNP?)

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:34 AM

PNP?

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 11:34 AM

picture in picture

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:35 AM

I don't really understand the concept but the video should just be of the actual person playing the actual song in realtime.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 11:38 AM

The reason why I mentioned picture and picture is because it would look a bit more appealing seeing the actual chart rather than trying to make it out through a live video recording. Since you're requiring a live recording, adding the replay and editing it in would make it look a bit cleaner.

(Think of an ITG video that has two views, one of the chart and one of the player. This is nearly the same concept.)

MrRubix 11-5-2010 11:46 AM

Oh I see what you're saying.

Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekYmFnl01o yeah?

I think that's probably fine.

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-5-2010 11:48 AM

Reserving:

Midnight of the North
Boss Machine (Sonic 2)
Secret Zombie Room
The Pylons Are TRAP BALLS
Sound Of My Dream (Remix)

For now.

Edit: I guess I should ask, I most often play Index/One Handed with the Dizzy mod on, is that alright or would you prefer that one off?

bob bob 11-5-2010 11:57 AM

cold breath
PLANETZ
Idol
Judgement Days
and good old Lolharp

~Zeta~ 11-5-2010 11:58 AM

I already have Ievan Polkka, Dazzling Soul, Innocent Decay, and {Red Alert} done and sending those now.

I'll reserve:
Dead and Direct
October (if someone else doesn't)
Kyrie
and Rottel-da-station for now.

nois-or-e 11-5-2010 11:59 AM

Euthanasia
Party4u V3

:D Might as well help for the cause.

Who is gunna put their hand up for all of the synth files?

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-5-2010 12:02 PM

I'll do a few of them if I can. But I'm not making any promises here XD

Rodrig0v 11-5-2010 12:06 PM

is this ok? lol, you can't rly see the screen :-| (this AAA was while FFR was down, now i cant do it anymore lol)

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 12:09 PM

Synth files are first come first serve >.>

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ (Post 3335522)
I already have Ievan Polkka, Dazzling Soul, Innocent Decay, and {Red Alert} done and sending those now.

I'll reserve:
Dead and Direct
October (if someone else doesn't)
Kyrie
and Rottel-da-station for now

you can AAA all those??? :O

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrig0v (Post 3335527)
is this ok? lol, you can't rly see the screen :-| (this AAA was while FFR was down, now i cant do it anymore lol)

You can't even tell if it's a AAA either....

Though I'm sure it is. Didn't see a "good" show up at all.

EDIT: I could also help upload videos if the email account gets too backed up. I've got a pretty fast internet connection here. Up to you guys though.

leonid 11-5-2010 12:22 PM

I'll reserve:

1 Eien Meikyu
1 Free Space (FFR Edit)
1 Power
1 SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix
1 Trip to the Moon (Club Remix)

MrRubix 11-5-2010 12:30 PM

Video's not valid unless we hear the scoreboard clanking down and we can see that it's fully-zeroed out scorewise

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3335545)
I'll reserve:

1 Eien Meikyu
1 Free Space (FFR Edit)
1 Power

There is no way you can AAA those, they are impossible.

leonid 11-5-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3335553)
There is no way you can AAA those, they are impossible.

I'll try my best. Maybe I'll AAA at least one of those.

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 12:40 PM

Someone call the FFR Training level.... please.

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 12:41 PM

So is anyone gonna tell me if the delay is okay or not?

nois-or-e 11-5-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3335545)
I'll reserve:

1 Eien Meikyu
1 Free Space (FFR Edit)
1 Power

TC_Cyrenics 11-5-2010 12:45 PM

Reserving the following:

CRASH the BEAT!
Felys
Nova Pulser
X-Tinction
{Big Boss}

MrRubix 11-5-2010 12:47 PM

Rushy, obviously we'd prefer synced vids to unsynced. If you can, try to manually shift the sound layer over so it matches up before you upload.

rushyrulz 11-5-2010 12:48 PM

I might need some help in that department, but I'll try to see what I can do on my own first.

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 12:58 PM

Added a rule 6. to help keep things a little organized in the submissions process

Shikari 11-5-2010 01:05 PM

I'm reserving the following, just in case of getting a camera:

(11) Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star
(11) BB Revenge
(11) One Minute Waltz v2
(10) Fighting For Control
(10) Monstruous Turtles!
(10) Dot Matrix Hero
(9) AAA
(9) The Prototype
(9) WAIWAI230
(8) Brightone

Xayphon 11-5-2010 01:07 PM

****, so after reading da rulz I can't upload anything at all cause no screenrecordings are allowed
<.<;;

Ignore my e-mail then...

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 01:13 PM

For those who are reserving songs, be sure you are able to AAA them. You only have 3 days and if you are reserving because your best score is a few goods or so off doesnt assure you will get the AAA on vid. So unless you are very confident you can AAA the song(s) on vid, let someone else take that song.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 01:45 PM

Hey, doesn't mean I can't push my boundaries. Hardkore Atomic is FAR from an easy AAA to me, but it'll be that more rewarding to have it on video. :D

psychoangel691 11-5-2010 01:48 PM

Euphoria [antinomie]
Beethoven Virus
Halogen
July
ROAR(Rage Mix)
Thinking Different
Twilight Techno
Seven
Otter's Dance (Hotroot Mix)
Katharsis

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3335523)
Who is gunna put their hand up for all of the synth files?

Lol I was considering it but I put one up there for now since it's an easy one for me to get the AAA on some of the other synth files take me a few tries and just not in the mood right now XD

Plan_Bsk81127 11-5-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3335613)
Hey, doesn't mean I can't push my boundaries. Hardkore Atomic is FAR from an easy AAA to me, but it'll be that more rewarding to have it on video. :D

Well you only picked one, thats fine, talking bout these people picking like 5 FMO's and stuff they have yet to AAA once.

TC_Cyrenics 11-5-2010 02:23 PM

I have AAAs on all but one of my songs, and that's a BF. I know I can do them on video... I know I can do them period. It's just the battle of nerves and this constant lag...

MrRubix 11-5-2010 02:24 PM

so remove the lag

get a standalone player

TC_Cyrenics 11-5-2010 02:33 PM

Actually the lag's not as bad as the nerves. And the fact that I deliberately chose the five songs that piss me off the most.

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Cyrenics (Post 3335646)
Actually the lag's not as bad as the nerves. And the fact that I deliberately chose the five songs that piss me off the most.

Maybe you should dull down your list a little bit. Less nerves and pressure to get them done.

I think I'd submit videos if my camera wasn't so ****ty at recording things......

I could probably do some 9's and 10's.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 02:55 PM

Hey Magic, I've been meaning to ask you - your screen recording of Rubix's DP was really really clean; what did you use for it?

Izzy 11-5-2010 02:59 PM

What kind of video? Does it need to be a Camera showing hands or just a screen recorder?

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3335660)
Hey Magic, I've been meaning to ask you - your screen recording of Rubix's DP was really really clean; what did you use for it?

Licensed copy of Hyper Cam. It took me a good bit of attempts to find a way to get a relatively clean capture of it due to computer lag and processes running.

Adjustments to it as well. It was still kinda sorta choppy when it went onto youtube, but it played relatively well without huge epic jumps. Just mini small ones that happened maybe 3 times?

PS: Recently removed the video because I was going to record Rubix's AAA but FUUUUUUUUUUU

You deleted the replay :(

MrRubix 11-5-2010 03:10 PM

Can someone just belt out a video real quick so we can show an example of what is acceptable? Either live-shot or live-shot + PNP?

Excite Bike or something etc

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 03:12 PM

I have 4 videos here but I need to unload them and compress them. I planned on adding a recording of my replay through Velocity's engine, but I'm not sure how well this computer will handle it. I guess I might be sticking to live shots only.

MrRubix 11-5-2010 03:14 PM

Ah people have already submitted to the email -- let me check it real quick and upload a good example

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3335680)
I have 4 videos here but I need to unload them and compress them. I planned on adding a recording of my replay through Velocity's engine, but I'm not sure how well this computer will handle it. I guess I might be sticking to live shots only.

Btw, I uploaded the raw video to youtube. Not a compressed one. A compressed one would lose its quality even more on youtube.

Izzy 11-5-2010 03:16 PM

So I need a microphone to record my keytaps? I have a microphone, but I don't know how to set up a microphone recording at the same time as a screen recording.

TC_Halogen 11-5-2010 03:16 PM

I can't upload the raw video with how big the filesizes are. I know how to compress the videos without losing a huge amount of quality but still get an optimal filesize.

MrRubix 11-5-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3335685)
So I need a microphone to record my keytaps? I have a microphone, but I don't know how to set up a microphone recording at the same time as a screen recording.

Ideally you should be recording live -- screen records only really show the same thing we could get from a replay anyway. If you want to include a screen recording it could be done built into the side of the video or something.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekYmFnl01o

OneHandNow 11-5-2010 03:21 PM

Reserve these for Rubix

13 Death Piano
13 Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion
13 Vertex BETA vrofl

FFRPerfectProject 11-5-2010 03:32 PM

Added Innocent Decay and {Red Alert}

MrMagic5239 11-5-2010 03:38 PM

They don't seem to be on the youtube channel.

i love you 11-5-2010 03:39 PM

if only i can find the charger for my camera...

I would probably do all the synthlight ones since i find myself a master of those. (i AAAed story of sunshine girl sightread lmao)

FFRPerfectProject 11-5-2010 03:41 PM

They're probably still in publishing mode or something -- they'll show up shortly

okay four Zeta vids are up