Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   best browser os? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=83874)

i will pwn u 12-17-2007 07:51 PM

best browser os?

can anyone tell what the recomended browser is playin ffr , like firefox, or IE or something else?

RB_Dreamscanner 12-17-2007 08:09 PM

Re: best browser os?

IE. Less lag.

alster1 12-17-2007 08:11 PM

IE definitely

xzyt666 12-18-2007 01:04 AM

ough, really? IE. Damn...mabey thats why i have been having trouble with frictional Nevada. (brb, goona check this out.)

Tasselfoot 12-18-2007 01:10 AM

IE, for sure.

xzyt666 12-18-2007 01:12 AM

okay...so it turns out that it is a BIT better then firefox. I guess that means i have to start using my least favorite browser. (well,actually that award would go to AOL because it causes aids, and starvation.)

i will pwn u 12-18-2007 01:15 AM

old ie or new?

dean_machine 12-18-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzyt666 (Post 1938582)
okay...so it turns out that it is a BIT better then firefox. I guess that means i have to start using my least favorite browser. (well,actually that award would go to AOL because it causes aids, and starvation.)

Use the IE tab add on for Firefox. It makes IE embedded inside of Firefox.

@i will pwn U:
I'm not sure if it makes a difference between an older version or the newest version, but I would think it would be unlikely that an older version would handle flash better than the newest version. Not saying that an older version and newest version won't handle flash equally as well though.

Zageron 12-18-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean_machine (Post 1938604)
Use the IE tab add on for Firefox. It makes IE embedded inside of Firefox.

@i will pwn U:
I'm not sure if it makes a difference between an older version or the newest version, but I would think it would be unlikely that an older version would handle flash better than the newest version. Not saying that an older version and newest version won't handle flash equally as well though.

+1

I use this.

_iMpuLse 09-23-2015 07:32 PM

This thread is a bit old but I suppose I'll put my question here because it falls directly under this category.

I have a Mac and I don't use IE. So I'm curious: what browser is the most appropriate for FFR?

I've used Chrome and Safari. But Chrome doesn't seem to work very well with FFR so I'm forced to use Safari. Just wondering if there's a better option.

I can't believe it took me years to ask this simple question, but I just started playing again.

danceflashrevo 09-23-2015 08:23 PM

Well, the option that's suitable for most people is the Adobe Flash Standalone.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ayer_18_sa.exe
This is a link to the latest version of Adobe Flash Standalone.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=120256
This guide might also be useful.

Good luck!

dAnceguy117 09-23-2015 09:01 PM

Actually, dumb question: would an executable file like that run on a Mac?

noname219 09-23-2015 09:11 PM

It won't, just visit the website directly instead.

From memory, Chrome, Firefox and Safari gave me relatively the same experience. The best thing you can try is standalone.

gnr61 09-24-2015 10:27 AM

Oo I forgot all about standalone tbh. I've been trying all the browsers on my brand new freakin laptop and FFR plays like shit on all of em. Will have to give that a try

_Zenith_ 09-24-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4362608)
It won't, just visit the website directly instead.

From memory, Chrome, Firefox and Safari gave me relatively the same experience. The best thing you can try is standalone.

I believe you linked to just Flash itself and not the Standalone players.

Read this post for help getting Standalone working (Also contains download links for the Standalone for Windows, Mac, and Linux).

FP9 is still the most stable out of any version for FFR, but it is unable to play using Rates in which you have to use FP10+.

I should probably message Justin_ator for a few updates to that post, such as Logging in is within all of the engines now and you do not have to use Internet Explorer or any browser to log in anymore (used to be mandatory back a few years ago before logging in was integrated). Just put in the engine .swf in the Open File pop-up screen and when it loads it'll always be in the Standalone (it'll save itself in your recent .swf files so you do not have to find the link and put it in over and over again).

Hope that helps anyone!

EDIT: I would recommend all players to never play using a Browser just because using the Standalone is far better in all measures than using a browser page (even if you browser the .swf, Standalone is still much better).

_iMpuLse 09-24-2015 01:14 PM

Thanks guys for the help! I will look into getting Standalone working and hopefully the game will be more stable on my computer.

justin_ator 09-24-2015 08:00 PM

If you're running R^3 (the main engine) I recommend trying Flash Player 18 on standalone. This seems to produce better results for a lot of users than anything else 10+ (Flash 9 doesn't work perfectly for everyone)

if you're running Windows on Win7/Vista I highly recommend changing your computer's theme to Windows Classic. This provided a MAJOR decrease in lag for me back when I was playing on my Win7 computer (Aero theme was a big culprit)