Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   6th Official Tournament Predictions Thread. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121172)

psychoangel691 11-14-2011 04:06 AM

6th Official Tournament Predictions Thread.

Use this thread to post your predictions for the tourney. Who do you think will take down the top 3 of each division? Nominate your top 3 for each division and I'll keep a tally up here on the OP.

[size=canyouseemenow?]You can find everyone's placements here on the tourney dashboard here http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament/[/good]

Emo_Saur_ 11-14-2011 04:06 AM

Re: 6th Official Tournament Predictions Thread.

I win, GG.

justin_ator 11-14-2011 04:07 AM

I win, BetterG.

I'll edit this with predictions once I finish them =]

d6:
DossarLX ODI
???
???

d5:
00Razor00
???
???

d4:
???
???
???

d3:
???
???
???

d2:
???
???
???

d1:
???
???
???

TC_Halogen 11-14-2011 04:32 AM

I'm having trouble picking top 3 in general, but I'm trying to pick those who I think have a serious shot at taking this thing down in comparison to other people in their division.

Division 6:
1.) DossarLX ODI - fairly obvious choice and more than likely will be the winner unless some unforeseen event occurs.

2.) leonid - 2nd place in the previous official, and up against roughly the same crowd as this official as well, although a few people have made some serious improvements in comparison to two years ago.

3.) samurai7694 - he's overdue for a really strong placement in a big tournament. You can almost count the songs he doesn't have AAA'd on your fingers.

Division 5:
1.) 00Razor00 - Jesse is packing some serious speed in his tank, and while his stats don't entirely reflect a stronger player (aside from that shiny Lolo AAA), he's got some decent stats scattered about. Look for him to put up a SERIOUS fight in D5.

2.) bob bob - bob bob is more well rounded of a player in comparison to Jesse - his FMOs are considerably more consistent. No FGO AAAs, and a bit lacking in the FGO SDG department; however, he should coast through the first half of this tournament with relative ease.

3.) HighAndr0id - an old-school player, HighAndr0id was around pre-FFR's deterioration, and his level ranks show remnants of an ex-FFR Guru (3 on Across Rooftops!); however, his current scores don't seem to reflect this once acquired skill, and they seem to play consistently (and considerably) worse than before. If he can get back to where he used to be, he could be a force to be reckoned with as well.

Division 4
1.) .wc. - ah, yes, the experienced stepman has decided to peek his way into the upper-middle grounds of the divisional lineup. Some of his more recent scores indicate that he has the potential to be a very strong player in the FMO territory, but whether or not he can hang in the FGO territory will remain to be seen. Consistency might be an issue.

2.) TC_mistrisofevl - one of D4's few players who actually has a FMO in the division. Also another player who lacks consistency. If the scores start to line up a bit better, mistris can probably make a pretty hard push.

3.) Sidek - watch out. This kid is packing some serious speed, he's actually sitting with a single FGO SDG (Lolo, barely hanging onto single digits at 9 goods). There's some consistency in the FMO area, but the scores aren't quite as strong as the two above. Improvement might be necessary.

More coming later.

eddieownz 11-14-2011 04:37 AM

division 2
1.Eddieownz

Division 9
1.dossar
2.dossar
3.eddieownz
4.dossar :S

honestly i have no idea :D

Herogashix 11-14-2011 04:43 AM

D6;
Dossar
leonid
????
????
????
????
????
????
Last; Me.

hobgoblinpie 11-14-2011 04:45 AM

Hopefully I can do well in D2. At least Top 8 for vROFL ;) But seriously, I reckon massdcreep will wipe the floor in D2.

dragonmegaXX 11-14-2011 05:01 AM

After looking at the people in D4, Im voting myself for top three this year.
Marching band is finally over so I have time to whore this game until I make it happen.

00Razor00 11-14-2011 05:01 AM

Division 6:

1) DossarLX: Obvious choice here, he's obviously got the speed, stamina and skill to take on pretty much anything thrown at him.

2) leonid/samurai7694: A toss up between these 2 is something I can't even explain. Although, leonid's ability to whore songs and achieve ridiculous scores on anything, as well as samurai's rep for being the best player on the site before Dossar, it'll be interesting to see how I think 2nd place will turn out.

3) TC_Halogen: After the insane scores I've seen from him in Custom Tournament 6 (that Canary AAA o.O) and his will to never give up and keep at it, Halo's definitely someone to contend with. Hopefully I'll see him in the top 8.

Division 5:

1) Myself: I apparently seem to be the fan favorite for Division 5, with this in mind, I definitely have what it takes to put up a fight against the rest of the division. Although with the pressure being at an all time high, who knows if I'll crack and wind up being eliminated. Only time will tell.

2) ScarletSky: Gabe DEFINITELY has what it takes for being a top 8 finisher, or hell, even top 3! After seeing a couple of ridiculous booflagged scores and FMO's he's been conquering, Scarlet will definitely be someone I'm going to have fun competing against.

3) bob bob/woker-x: Being fairly consistent with his AAAs, one after another, I definitely find bob AND woker-x to be huge threats in this division. Both of them will easily ride their way to the top, with little to no room for mistakes.

Division 4:

1) who_cares973: Coming out in TC_Halogen's tournament as being able to exceed the skill required for D3, Carlos among others is definitely my top pick for D4. With some FMO scores being top notch compared to others in the division, I count on him making his presence known upon everyone in this year's official.

2) TC_Mistrisofevl: Backing up his skills with a Divine Suicide of K AAA and a couple of ok stats here and there, Mistris will have a chance finishing within the top 8. It'll be interesting to see how consistent he is throughout each round.

3) DarknessXoXLight: Magda was definitely a toss up with my second choice of hi19hi19. Although, pulling through here and there with some decent scores I've seen around, I have a feeling she'll make her way within the top 8 as one of the top female contenders.

Division 3:

1) Winrar: I must hand it to ya, you've been beasting it recently in tournaments here and there and within the scores thread. You seem to be packing a punch, and the rest of D3 is going to have to keep their guard up and watch out for ya. Hope to see you up at the top.

2) Zakvvv666: Compared to Winrar, you're definitely in the same ball park as him. Although, I'm a bit weary on how you'll do in later rounds in terms of consistency on harder difficulties.

reuben_tate 11-14-2011 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3567792)
I'm having trouble picking top 3 in general, but I'm trying to pick those who I think have a serious shot at taking this thing down in comparison to other people in their division.

Division 6:
1.) DossarLX ODI - fairly obvious choice and more than likely will be the winner unless some unforeseen event occurs.

2.) leonid - 2nd place in the previous official, and up against roughly the same crowd as this official as well, although a few people have made some serious improvements in comparison to two years ago.

3.) samurai7694 - he's overdue for a really strong placement in a big tournament. You can almost count the songs he doesn't have AAA'd on your fingers.

Division 5:
1.) 00Razor00 - Jesse is packing some serious speed in his tank, and while his stats don't entirely reflect a stronger player (aside from that shiny Lolo AAA), he's got some decent stats scattered about. Look for him to put up a SERIOUS fight in D5.

2.) bob bob - bob bob is more well rounded of a player in comparison to Jesse - his FMOs are considerably more consistent. No FGO AAAs, and a bit lacking in the FGO SDG department; however, he should coast through the first half of this tournament with relative ease.

3.) HighAndr0id - an old-school player, HighAndr0id was around pre-FFR's deterioration, and his level ranks show remnants of an ex-FFR Guru (3 on Across Rooftops!); however, his current scores don't seem to reflect this once acquired skill, and they seem to play consistently (and considerably) worse than before. If he can get back to where he used to be, he could be a force to be reckoned with as well.

Division 4
1.) .wc. - ah, yes, the experienced stepman has decided to peek his way into the upper-middle grounds of the divisional lineup. Some of his more recent scores indicate that he has the potential to be a very strong player in the FMO territory, but whether or not he can hang in the FGO territory will remain to be seen. Consistency might be an issue.

2.) TC_mistrisofevl - one of D4's few players who actually has a FMO in the division. Also another player who lacks consistency. If the scores start to line up a bit better, mistris can probably make a pretty hard push.

3.) Sidek - watch out. This kid is packing some serious speed, he's actually sitting with a single FGO SDG (Lolo, barely hanging onto single digits at 9 goods). There's some consistency in the FMO area, but the scores aren't quite as strong as the two above. Improvement might be necessary.

More coming later.

Nice predictions! Can't wait for your thoughts on D1-D3. I feel like knowing details about my opponents will somehow give me an advantage. :lol:

lumphoboextreme 11-14-2011 05:03 AM

I'll do fine until FGO rounds. :x

hXcalltheway 11-14-2011 05:08 AM

I'll place myself top 40 lmao

Tyson ultima 11-14-2011 05:44 AM

Division 6
1. Dossar- for obvious reasons
2. Leonid- Despite what his stats display he is obviously crazy as ****ing hell.....
3. TC_Halogen/Samurai- Both seem to have some kind of equal footing in the FGO department.

ic0slay3r 11-14-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3567811)
Nice predictions! Can't wait for your thoughts on D1-D3. I feel like knowing details about my opponents will somehow give me an advantage. :lol:

Making predictions for the lower divisions can be a problem since there are a lot of random new faces and you improve at a faster rate when you are a noob. Predictions for D3 possible, but for D2 and D1 they could be extremely dificult.

Ps. Im not mention in anyones prediction :<

Pss. I hope this thread doesn't go the same way as last tournament.

kmay 11-14-2011 05:54 AM

goal: not first round of elminations -_-

Bluearrowll 11-14-2011 06:00 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say i'll be some sort of underdog.

Choofers 11-14-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3567836)
I'm going to go ahead and say i'll be some sort of underdog.

this

iironiic 11-14-2011 06:45 AM

It's most likely that Dossar is going to win D6.

Also for D5 winners, it's a tossup between Gundam-Dude or 00Razor00.

Other than that, nothing to me is really clear.

Andrew Mitchell 11-14-2011 06:59 AM

d1
1.TheThong
2.2Fast4UrAss
3.MotherOfAllAbominations

d2
1.andy-o24
2.reuben_tate
3.TheSaxRunner05

d3
1.SD_Tsugamush
2.M0de
3.MrPreggers

who_cares973 11-14-2011 07:07 AM

Gdude definitely has the accuracy and speed to dominate ffr he just needs to get adjusted to the timiming and the smaller window. If he's able to conquer those obstacles he'd be a clear cut winner

kmay 11-14-2011 07:15 AM

i hope i skill boost to victory manias

Ziergdsx18 11-14-2011 07:59 AM

lmfao pat is in D5 ???

You guys are dead.

p.s will throw something here soon

Darkbreezee 11-14-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3567852)
It's most likely that Dossar is going to win D6.

Also for D5 winners, it's a tossup between Gundam-Dude or 00Razor00.

Other than that, nothing to me is really clear.

fully agree to that

prefx 11-14-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3567792)

Division 6:

Division 5:

Division 4

More coming later.

I'm better than Mist

xThai 11-14-2011 08:16 AM

d5 goes to gundam-dude lolol.

d6:
1. Dossar
2. Leonid
3. Halogen/Samurai lawl...

Emithith 11-14-2011 08:34 AM

I'm not too sure about Dossar winning. It would be fun to see Leo try for 1st and actually beat Dossar.

Not sure what to predict for D4 since I'm in it, and could care less about D5 since I don't know too many people in it to make a guess.

Herogashix 11-14-2011 08:56 AM

Well, I might make it to the top 8, depending on if Zierg has a heart attack and samurai's keyboard breaks. That and, if everyone else drops out of D6, I'm #1.
But let's just hope I don't get eliminated first round. I'm gonna be the worst in the Division.

hi19hi19 11-14-2011 10:28 AM

People are even remotely considering me to do well in D4?

This is news to me 0_o I thought I was like, almost D3 level and in the bottom of the heap as far as D4 went. Oh well, I guess it all depends on how hard the songs are...
~vote of confidence~ \o/

x_lambourghini_x 11-14-2011 10:42 AM

I'd put myself in D1/D2 mainly because of my lack of AAAs as well as having almost half of the public FCs at an inconsistent rate. Hopefully, I will make it to at least round 4 or 5.

rushyrulz 11-14-2011 10:53 AM

D6:
Dossar
Leonid
AJ

D5:
Razor
2(bob)
myself (wishful thinking)

D4:
w_c
YOSHl (kid has unbelievable determination)
mistris

idk D3-D1

pmonibuv1 11-14-2011 10:56 AM

I'm winning D6 obviously. PMON FOR PREZ!

YoshL 11-14-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3567919)
People are even remotely considering me to do well in D4?

This is news to me 0_o I thought I was like, almost D3 level and in the bottom of the heap as far as D4 went. Oh well, I guess it all depends on how hard the songs are...
~vote of confidence~ \o/

this. thanks rushy <3

Xayphon 11-14-2011 10:58 AM

I wanna get top 8 ;___;

rushyrulz 11-14-2011 11:08 AM

52-way tie for first in D6.

who_cares973 11-14-2011 11:09 AM

watch i get knocked out first round

Hateandhatred 11-14-2011 12:25 PM

Ok sooo... Kinda a newb in this community but whatever...

D6
1: Dossar. Possibly the best player on all around skills alive.
2: Halogen/Leonid, as a tie.
3: OWA/Samurai, depending on what the last rounds stepfiles will be made of.
Surprises: Muirrir could put up something nice. He's far underrated according to some people. He also doesnt take much part in the community and he's an offline player.

Call me stupid. :3

D5
1: wargasm1, actually better than some D6 players. Hope he gets a decent comp and healthy wrists.
2: qqwref, saw some 1337 replays
3: go_oilers_go, because he already won once. XD
Surprises: no idea. Barely know most of 'em

D4
1: Darknessxoxlight. Passing Vrofl was something rubix was proud of, and she has an FC on it. Nuff said.
2: Slayerapocalypse. Come on, with his insane GT, he HAS to be pretty good!
3: yoshi
Surprises: dunno.

D3
Absolutely no idea.

D2
1:Skelogon. Higher PA than he thinks.
2: hurley. Because he has... A high rated profile. Yeah
3: that could possibly be me. (No, but trying to be positive about it xD)

D1
No damn clue.

Please dont laugh. Its all for lulz anyway.

YoshL 11-14-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3567980)
D4
1: Darknessxoxlight. Passing Vrofl was something rubix was proud of, and she has an FC on it. Nuff said.
Surprises: dunno.

GT != skill lol
also Darknessxoxlight isn't the only FCer of vrofl =P

Hateandhatred 11-14-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3567982)
GT != skill lol
also Darknessxoxlight isn't the only FCer of vrofl =P

True, but others arent in d4.

And gt may not be skill, but it sūre as hell is experience. I mean, you cant have 40 bil points and be unable to FC halcyon forever, right? Took a gamble with this indicator...

YoshL 11-14-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3567983)
True, but others arent in d4.

hey there.

Hateandhatred 11-14-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3567985)
hey there.

You did it lol? Omg, sorry xD dont get to See stats that often since Im no vet xD

Indeed. Just checked on the song page. But.not changing my predictions, because herp derp. Feel free to prove me wrong though! =)

Zekramcross 11-14-2011 12:42 PM

I think I'll do pretty decent in D2, but I know that there are some people
*coughs*reuben*coughs* that will beat me. I'll probably end up in the top 20 somewhere.

DarknessXoXLight 11-14-2011 12:43 PM

D4

I'm honored you believe in me but the ability to mash isn't a very useful skill in a tourney. :')

Hateandhatred 11-14-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3567990)
D4

I'm honored you believe in me but the ability to mash isn't a very useful skill in a tourney. :')

Yup... But you won last time, so.... youre not just lulmash.

Hateandhatred 11-14-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3567990)
D4

Also, lots of your rank are impressive, namely vertex normal. Or w/e.

ghost- 11-14-2011 01:00 PM

since when did dossar become the best in the world?! D: i remember back when he was just an up and coming player who showed good promise.

Emo_Saur_ 11-14-2011 01:02 PM

D6
Dossar
Reonid
TC_Harogen

D5
00Wazor00
Jai Ex
Choopers

D4
TC_Mistrisofevul
Who_Givesashit
??

t-rogdor 11-14-2011 01:04 PM

d3?
sweet lmfao

top three in d6 will def. be leonid/dosserarerareareareararea/halogen

icontrolyourworld 11-14-2011 01:06 PM

D6
Dossar
Halogen
Leonid

D5
Gundam Dude
Zon Fire
00Razor00

I would do d1-d4 but i don't know most of the players D:

Emo_Saur_ 11-14-2011 01:07 PM

Icy, Razor is going to be VERY upset with you for not choosing him to be first. He'll also probably ruin your scores with skype calls again.

XxMidigamixX 11-14-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ (Post 3568004)
Icy, Razor is going to be VERY upset with you for not choosing him to be first. He'll also probably ruin your scores with skype calls again.

lmfao

justin_ator 11-14-2011 01:39 PM

LOL Midigami, you have no idea how effin funny that was.

ScarletSky 11-14-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ (Post 3568004)
He'll also ruin your scores with skype calls again.

Yup.

Edit~

D6:
Dossar
AJ
leonid
Alex/OWA/samurai

D5:
Razor
bobbob
Rushy
Zon

Scarlet

D4:
Sweagen
Sweet
yo man (I'm rooting for you buddy)

D3:
m0de
or
Andrew

D2:
Rusty Spoons (go get it man!)

D1:
no idea

dragonmegaXX 11-14-2011 01:55 PM

Nobody likes my game anymore 3':
I should actually play again

Tyson ultima 11-14-2011 02:10 PM

i didn't even notice gundam dude was in D5.... you guys are ****ed...

TC_Halogen 11-14-2011 02:13 PM

I'm really surprised at the lack of Luis on everyone's top 3. He only has 11 non AAAs on FFR. o_O

JenovaSephiroth 11-14-2011 02:17 PM

I got bumped up to d3. Totally screwed. :V

typing like wat 11-14-2011 02:18 PM

I guess im legit D2 now?(thought i was gonna get put in D1 lol) but um how far do you guys think ill get?

Zon Fire 11-14-2011 02:21 PM

D6:
1.Dossar
2.Halogen/Mina
3.Leonid/Samurai
4.EAG

D5:
1.Woker-x
2.00Razor00/rushy
3.lumphoboextreme/i like it
4.Scarlet sky/justin_ator

D4:
1.hi19hi19
2.mephboss
3.psychoangel691
4.SlayerApocalypse666

D3:
1.JenovaSephiroth
2.RaGe-
3.BahamutZER0
4.eastsideman09

D2:
1.ghost-
2.typing like wat
3.reuben_tate
4.Ksl33zy24

D1:
1.x_lambourghini_x
2.xMUSICxMASTERx
3.xXFFR-_-MASTERXx

rayword45 11-14-2011 02:28 PM

The only obvious winner is D6, and we all know who that is.

I wish I had the time to check out who's who in my Division. I'm personally going for Top 8 only.

rushyrulz 11-14-2011 02:31 PM

aww thanks zon and scarlet <3 lol

AlexDest 11-14-2011 02:31 PM

D6:

#1.
Dossar - Obvious reasons.

#2.
Leonid - Insane with technical files (consistency seems to lack), can definitely nail most of the files on here.
Samurai - Awesome with jacks, trills, and speed. Also pretty technical.

#3.
AJ - Really good with one handed trills, speed, and bursts. Seems to lack with being consistent on jacks.
Myself - Sounding conceited, but my consistency is pretty good with bursts and jacks. I always try to work my way up to an AAA with numerous replays.

00Razor00 11-14-2011 02:37 PM

Now that I think of it,

D5 top 8 including myself:

Gundam-Dude
Rushy
Woker-X
bob bob
ScarletSky
MrPopadop
Jimerax

lets make it happen ~

rayword45 11-14-2011 02:45 PM

Anyone want to come up and say "My stats kick your ass" in D3?

Also, Razor's D5 list seems pretty accurate.

Winrar 11-14-2011 02:51 PM

I will say for D3, I have the advantage on sightreads, most of the songs I play are sightreads especially in tournaments. I don't think i'll be top 3, but at least top 8 if everything goes right. I still think ll sephirothll is gonna win d3. As for D6 Dossar>Leonid>Samurai. Seeing something unexpected in d6 would make me really happy though as well as in every division.

Bluearrowll 11-14-2011 02:53 PM

The tournament starts on the same day as I hit 4 years on the website lol. Revelation?

flipsta_lombax 11-14-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3567848)
this

Second. But since each round lasts for a week, I definitely have time to improve scores. Having only two days to even put an effort in this tourney, I asked to be removed from the list.

But I changed my mind. Maybe I can get somewhere.. who knows.

xTiff3rzx 11-14-2011 02:59 PM

Oh man, I like how most of you are confident in yourselves.

Cause I am NOT . ha.

raskanally 11-14-2011 03:04 PM

i just hope to be in the top 10-15 out of the 104 people in d3. :/

ghost- 11-14-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zon Fire (Post 3568071)
D2:
1.ghost-
2.typing like wat
3.reuben_tate
4.Ksl33zy24

O: thanks for the encouragement! Now i have to win.

justin_ator 11-14-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3568084)
Now that I think of it,

D5 top 8 including myself:

Gundam-Dude
Rushy
Woker-X
bob bob
ScarletSky
MrPopadop
Jimerax

lets make it happen ~

I'm starting to think if I had you make a top 58 list for our division I wouldn't be on it.

Ziergdsx18 11-14-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 3567895)
Well, I might make it to the top 8, depending on if Zierg has a heart attack and samurai's keyboard breaks. That and, if everyone else drops out of D6, I'm #1.
But let's just hope I don't get eliminated first round. I'm gonna be the worst in the Division.

What rofl

psychoangel691 11-14-2011 03:25 PM

:o someone actually mentioned me.

ScarletSky 11-14-2011 03:25 PM

Nobody ever actually wins a tournament in D6, it's just a myth because Dossar IS D6.

Netjet! 11-14-2011 03:39 PM

I'm in D3? I'm screwed. :(

andy-o24 11-14-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Mitchell (Post 3567855)
d1
1.TheThong
2.2Fast4UrAss
3.MotherOfAllAbominations

d2
1.andy-o24
2.reuben_tate
3.TheSaxRunner05

d3
1.SD_Tsugamush
2.M0de
3.MrPreggers

Intewesting.

Probably won't get out of three rounds.

-o24

Ryusei_ 11-14-2011 03:51 PM

Disregard this entire post. I HAVE missed something. What the **** am I doing in D5? I don't even have any FMO AAAs :|

wildfireskunk 11-14-2011 03:59 PM

XTempestX to win D3, calling it now! As for the others... shall research after work!

justin_ator 11-14-2011 04:00 PM

Lol Ryu don't take it personally, I'm close to an FGO AAA and a few more FMO AAA's and nobody thinks twice about me either.

m0de 11-14-2011 04:02 PM

my d3 picks in no particular order:

winrar
eastsideman09
Andrew Mitchell
.Gazelle.
FFRGreen
MrPreggers

each of these guys have what it takes to win its hard to pick one. good luck to everyone :)