Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ffr iceberg (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152868)

revolutionomega 03-4-2021 10:50 PM

Re: ffr iceberg

Quote:

Originally Posted by phe0nixblade (Post 4756848)
why does this tingle something in my brain
?_?

i remember all of this

ayyy waddup dude?

-paexaea- 03-5-2021 11:36 AM

oh shit its razor, havent seen that mf in a long time

Rivaloo 03-5-2021 11:51 AM

razor has a sexcy profile imo

edit: checked again just now but its closed rip

editv2: but i remember it was megaman x theme'd so yeah needless to say i loved it

foxfire667 03-6-2021 02:03 AM

The way things go with those icebergs it usually starts to break down into nonsense and conspiracy theories as it goes down, but FFR does have a long history with some quirks which could be scattered throughout. Here are several of old tidbits and secrets in no particular order:

- *Whimper Wall* (and that time it was abused to get a top 10 all time GTS entry when it wasn't supposed to even allow you to gain score from it, because of FFR R2)
- FFR R^2 existing at all
- The real FFR R^2 (Resonance)
- Secret FC/AAA squiggly lines toggle
- Absolutely ridiculous prochat admin features (I can haz bucket?)
- The original undiscovered colors file with no judge review
- D7 Chat
- The great gambling hall scandal with duped bets
- The FFR Konami deal
- FFR Offline Engine(s)
- FFR unused and widget songs
- Dev webpages like this
- The FFR RPG
- Home key songs
- FFR Special Mix
- Inverse Hakulyte and their -7 trillion GTS
- The SSFFRC
- The man behind the FFR silhouette
- 0MGWTFT0K3N originally just being a convert of Gigadelic because reasons
- An active FFR staff member BSing in a tourney
- The AAAA grade
- FFR-B43-12102002.exe (DO NOT RESEARCH)
- TC_Halogen TC_Halogen TC_Halogen TC_Halogen
- MrRubix's 50 years of FFR
- That time an active member posted a legit dick pic in a thread
- FFR rainbow unicorn edition

Also some archived content to append to other user's mentions from earlier pages:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrik (Post 4756741)
Sandbagging was pretty good drama as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4756498)
Murderers and Life and Death (My Theory)

For your viewing and downloading purposes...my vid archive.

ositzxz369 03-6-2021 02:17 AM

finally, an iceberg expert

Funnygurl555 03-6-2021 10:28 AM

remember when u guys thought i was a man

mellonxcollie 03-6-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4756966)
For your viewing and downloading purposes...my vid archive.

I love you

im too fucking high for this video right now

im dying

rayword45 03-6-2021 04:02 PM

i need to know what FFR-B43-12102002.exe is

Hakulyte 03-6-2021 04:38 PM

Entry tier:

Ghost notes in Legacy Engine which made people get higher scores than max score.

Mid tier:

Boo glitch in Velo Engine. (would be kinda funny to see someone FC Strangeprogram v0 with this, but it's patched.)

Deep tier:

Whimper Wall Top 3 leaderboard.

SubaruPoptart 03-6-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4756966)
- The man behind the FFR silhouette

I desperately want to know what went on with that

foxfire667 03-6-2021 11:28 PM

I'm glad another person could witness that video for the first time mellonxcollie, it's amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4757001)
i need to know what FFR-B43-12102002.exe is

Sure, just download this random zipped exe from some person's 15 year old web server, what could possibly go wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4757005)
I desperately want to know what went on with that

The original context is about what you'd expect, people looking at the odd shadow and making passes at what the person actually looks like. This entry was one of them and it fucking killed me when I saw it, nothing else came close. As proof of that, since I don't have whatever thread it was on hand, here is my far less ridiculous submission from that time.

Ooh man I forgot about boo glitch, and the ghost note stuff reminds me of another old engine secret:
- 0x scroll speed and the infinitely mashable goods once the note appeared (the objects would stack until the game crashed, but you COULD complete certain files like excite bike with like 200 goods)

Phynx 03-7-2021 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4757032)

Not only is this absolutely OBSCURE webserver still up and running, I'm amazed ANYONE retained its address. Fox, your archived data and knowledge needs to be catalogued and pasted somewhere for the rest of us to see.

So much of this shit I've completely forgotten about. You are like a living, breathing, bipedal chunk of nostalgia, presumably with opposable thumbs.

Please share more secrets. I insist.

foxfire667 03-7-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phynx (Post 4757041)
Please share more secrets. I insist.

Hmm, okay I'll do a few more.

- A recording of FFR Special Mix for your viewing pleasure. It was an FFR tutorial of sorts.

- That time nois-or-e proposed through the medium of an FFR level / special token in the form of a wedding ring. Only they could play the song legitimately, it was called Miles Away and I archived the vid of the proposal. I have the actual level recorded in higher quality too if that interests you.

- That time when Choof's robotomy was converted to FFR officially and was on the engine for a bit.

- A number of people remember various Home key songs like Dub-i-dub but maybe something a little less remembered is this old file for Chrono Trigger Boss Theme. This looks easy because of the bot play but in reality this file has a few 0 framers hidden in the rolls.

- In the beginning of 2011 a song was silently removed from the FFR engine called Hyperactivity. They thought no one would notice or care, well it's been a decade and I still remember stargroup. A Video for your viewing pleasure.

- Many non navigable FFR pages exist, have a small chunk from a status from Goldstinger. I like this one, very ominous.

- That prior to FFR's return in 2010, Velocity was actually making FFR engine mods at the time. He was a part of a splinter community site called ASA, where the Velo engine makes a debut housing FFR converts of Ravemeister pack songs.

- An old video of Tasselfoot showing off the new beta legacy engine features for subscribers to the platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMcac4e77s

- An old FFR t-shirt design that I actually forget if ever saw the light of day or not. Fair warning, huge image.

- That time when the scores table on FFR got nuked and had to be restored from some backup, many unrecorded score reports ensued. I forget the time frame for this event though.

- Proof D7 chat was a thing, an elite invite skype group back in the day

Well below the depths of the iceberg...

BigHayden1 03-7-2021 10:53 AM

why i myself wont dive into that sketchy site of the ffr12102003 shit i would love if u could explain in depth fox :)

foxfire667 03-7-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHayden1 (Post 4757051)
why i myself wont dive into that sketchy site of the ffr12102003 shit i would love if u could explain in depth fox :)

It's actually safe and not a crazy thing. Back in FFR's inception Synthlight had downloadable versions of the engine and all of its songs packaged within an exe. You had to register to download the game zip from the site, however I wasn't around during this time at all. Thewaybackmachine helped me figure some stuff out on my own, and I guess with FFR being very popular...some people had mirrors and I could collect them.

You can actually see me demonstrate the engine in a video I made 9 years ago at this timestamp:
https://youtu.be/CtLzyeLXOKk?t=251

kmay 03-8-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4757050)
- An old FFR t-shirt design that I actually forget if ever saw the light of day or not. Fair warning, huge image.

Oh it existed I have a picture of the shirt on my page lol

mellonxcollie 03-8-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 (Post 4757062)
Now time to stop garbage posting and contribute to this iceberg.
Here's my only piece of evidence that proves Renard (Or TQBF) is a creepy creeper who creeps on people for creepy reasons. https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...d.php?t=134748

this "person" lives in my city and it's quite disgusting