Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Blizzard (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117272)

Superfreak04 02-2-2011 10:09 PM

Re: Blizzard

We don't have school tomorrow, woot. :)

DotKritic 02-2-2011 10:54 PM

How are people in Chicago doin'?

Superfreak04 02-2-2011 11:17 PM

Still talking on the news how they are sending military to get peoples cars and stuff lol.

DotKritic 02-3-2011 02:29 PM

A shit load of colleges and universities (including mine) are just now canceling tomorrow classes.

Kellyasdfghjkl 02-3-2011 03:30 PM

I thought this was WoW related when I first clicked it.
FFFFF-. :-|

reuben_tate 02-3-2011 04:04 PM

It's still another beautiful day on the Big Island of Hawaii! ^_^ I feel sorry for all you snow-people. Well I do have to say that we had a lot of rain this week. We get around 200 inches of rain a year in my city and we typically have around 275 rainy days a year, making our city the city with the most rainy days in the U.S.

Bluearrowll 02-3-2011 04:22 PM

Wow why are Americans getting more snow than me D:

barely got 10cm here in Toronto. My school was the only one in the city besides St. George that did not close.

who_cares973 02-3-2011 04:39 PM

here is socal we had a pretty hard hitting winds yesterday. thats about it though today is pretty typical

darkshark 02-3-2011 04:40 PM

Man I woke up this morning and it was so cold I had goosebumps, it was like 50 degrees.
So damn cold.

I love California.

Ickalanda 02-3-2011 11:43 PM

West Michigan here, we had about a foot of snow but it was much deeper in some places because of drifts. I am a groundskeeper for a condo association and spent 8AM to 5PM shoveling out people's doors and garages because the wind had piled up a good two feet of snow against every surface.

Lots of people were getting stuck but by about mid day all of the main roads and the highway were pretty well plowed so getting around wasn't a problem. One of my friends named the storm "Snowgnarök" because it needed an epic viking-esque name, I think it is fitting!

Oh also I had a college snow day, which I had one last year as well, I had always been told leading up to college to enjoy my snow days because I wouldn't get them in college, now I've gotten one each year so far, HA!

Bill Kaulitz 02-4-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyasdfghjkl (Post 3411217)
I thought this was WoW related when I first clicked it.
FFFFF-. :-|

Actually this is why I clicked it first. Then I was like...oh. Snow.

DN_Catastrophic 02-4-2011 02:16 AM

never seen snow.. that storm must've been cool to be in. it was 80 degrees with lots of sunshine here lol

duddychuck@yahoo.com 02-4-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshark (Post 3411251)
Man I woke up this morning and it was so cold I had goosebumps, it was like 50 degrees.
So damn cold.

I love California.

This ;)

My jacket is collecting dust in my closet here in San Diego lmao

ddrxero64 02-4-2011 02:46 AM

omg, this thread was actually about snow? I didn't realize lol. My area in Western MA has been going through so many snowstorms, really bad winter. The weird part is we didn't get any real snow until January hit, so december was full of clear weather (very strange). Then we got hit by a snowstorm with record breaking snow fall about 2 weeks ago. We've had like 4 storms since then, which is very strange. We've had a lot of snow days for public schools, it's a bad winter, one we haven't seen in a while.

23 inches of snowfall in the first storm, and it just keeps piling on up now with each snowstorm -__-

Edit: I saw reach's pic, and for a split second I thought those people were shorter than 3.3 feet. Then I realized how stupid I was and told myself I should go to sleep lmao

DotKritic 02-4-2011 09:49 AM

We got nothing but ice. A lot of the freeways and freeway overpasses are shut down, but are gradually opening up.

DarknessXoXLight 02-4-2011 10:06 AM

OH YEAAAAH BLIZZARD YEAAAAH! There's apparently another snowstorm of the same magnitude on it's way and planned to hit sometime next week. EXCITEMENT! :)

my back porch. :P

my poor car. </3

sidewalk.

SAVING MY CAR!

Edit: fuuuu are you kidding? hang on, fixing the pictures.

HammyMcSquirrel 02-4-2011 10:30 AM

We got a little bit of snow in Austin. Pretty rare for it to snow here, let alone not melt as soon as it hits the ground.

Sweet_Feet 02-4-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3410535)
Getting hit by the Blizzard now. 40+ cm predicted over the next 24 hours for us, D: (That's about 16 inches for you damn Americans ;) ).

For the record, I have seen worse. 6 or 7 years ago we were hit by a storm that dropped about 100+ cm over a single night (3.3+ feet), closing the city down for 3 days, and schools for the whole week. :D

(Here's a pic from that event: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/...c7d19f13c8.jpg )

white juan? i was there too, shit was crazy

bam13 02-4-2011 10:55 AM

I wish it would snow in south Texas :/

welsh_girl 02-4-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3411484)
never seen snow.. that storm must've been cool to be in. it was 80 degrees with lots of sunshine here lol

Actually blows my mind when people say this.

I'm no where near all this snow business, we do have a lot of rain though!