Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Official Tournament Special Batch (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143146)

Rapta 10-28-2015 06:35 PM

Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

What?! D7 is starting with a 91 this go around?! NOOOO

rip aaa's

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4370834)
What?! D7 is starting with a 91 this go around?! NOOOO

rip aaa's

That's the point, I don't want AAA fests. Every division has been bumped up.

hi19hi19 10-28-2015 07:12 PM

If we're transferring files, of the non-89+ files I have in queue, the following are perfect for a tournament:
Hatsune Miku no Gekishou
Gin Tonic Flavor
Divinity Garden

The following are okay for a tournament but not top tier:
DATA DRAIN (ending is kind of weird difficulty-wise, also I bet at least one judge will probably not be a fan)
Stage 1 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2) (a little long, but otherwise perfect)

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4370846)
That's the point, I don't want AAA fests. Every division has been bumped up.

*cue applause*

Been waiting for this for a long time. So happy this is the attitude now.

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 07:19 PM

Still not sure the bumps are enough in some of the divisions, but I don't want it to be overkill either. So we'll see how it goes this tournament then adjust for the next as needed.

I'm going to give a playthrough on the files that you guys want to move over to see if they're something I'd likely want for the tournament, then reach out to Dossar with the request for those files.

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 08:17 PM

Alright so after just playthrough I do want to move over for judgement in this batch:

Follow You
Suit Up (feat Southpaw Swagger)
Gin Tonic Flavor
Divinity Garden
Stage 1

These 3 I'm going to convert to see how they look on FFR and about where their difficulties would be before moving them over.

Bring The Madness
Hatsune Miku no Gekishou
DATA DRAIN

XelNya 10-28-2015 09:19 PM

I'm bad with difficulty guessing, but I'm curious if my nightfall file would make a good fit anywhere.

L.B.D.D 10-28-2015 09:42 PM

so clarify this for me

there's 3 batches going on at once and they don't share same submission caps?

tournament, hard songs, and regular? i'm really confused

PhantomPuppy 10-28-2015 09:46 PM

woah, d7 STARTING with a 91? not even round 2? jeez, i wonder how hard D5 is gonna be this year... much scare.

gameboy42690 10-28-2015 09:57 PM

D5 round 1 is a 69-71. Check the link in the first post. ;)

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4370895)
I'm bad with difficulty guessing, but I'm curious if my nightfall file would make a good fit anywhere.

That's actually one I put down as wanting for the tournament but it's currently conditional, so you'd have to do whatever that was needed to get it in to queue (I haven't read all the conditions on these files yet)

hi19hi19 10-28-2015 10:45 PM

I have several songs that are flexible enough to step to fill literally any hole in the tournament.

I've been saving my WIP for eth剣 for a long time, I could make that into a file of any specific difficulty if needed.
I look forward to seeing what spots are difficult to fill to see if I can make something for them :)

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 10:47 PM

Guys please do me a favor and don't turn this into a thread about the difficulty hike, I really want to try to keep it to the batch itself. If anyone wants to discuss it they're welcome to message me or make a thread if they want public discussion.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.B.D.D (Post 4370916)
so clarify this for me

there's 3 batches going on at once and they don't share same submission caps?

tournament, hard songs, and regular? i'm really confused

The special batches are separate from the regular batch. The hard songs batch is actually nearly over if I remember correctly. This one I had to open if there was going to be any shot at an official tournament before the new year. I know it's all a bit wacky right now, but just kinda doing what we need to do while getting everything back on track.

XelNya 10-28-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4370967)
That's actually one I put down as wanting for the tournament but it's currently conditional, so you'd have to do whatever that was needed to get it in to queue (I haven't read all the conditions on these files yet)

I totally forgot that was a thing actually, i'll have spare time this weekend so I'll try to get that done.

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 10:56 PM

Speaking of conditional files, DarkZtar I want to use Azure Emotion but it just needed I think a couple jumps fixed in it. If you want to do that or just let us do it that would be great.

DarkZtar 10-28-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4370973)
Speaking of conditional files, DarkZtar I want to use Azure Emotion but it just needed I think a couple jumps fixed in it. If you want to do that or just let us do it that would be great.

I sent the fixes for it a while ago, should have been updated in the batch queue. I can send you the file directly though if it hasen't been updated.

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 11:15 PM

Ah, okay. Hadn't seen any updates on conditional files yet. If it was sent I can get it. thanks

L.B.D.D 10-28-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4370969)
The special batches are separate from the regular batch. The hard songs batch is actually nearly over if I remember correctly. This one I had to open if there was going to be any shot at an official tournament before the new year. I know it's all a bit wacky right now, but just kinda doing what we need to do while getting everything back on track.

when does the hard songs batch close? can't find a strict date for it on the original thread, assuming it's just the end of oct 31 for now

psychoangel691 10-28-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.B.D.D (Post 4370982)
when does the hard songs batch close? can't find a strict date for it on the original thread, assuming it's just the end of oct 31 for now

I looked around some and I'm really not sure, need Dossar or Rob to confirm the date.

DossarLX ODI 10-29-2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.B.D.D (Post 4370982)

To answer your first question about the submission caps, stepartists can submit up to their original cap.

For the deadlines on the other batches:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4369871)
- Submissions for Phase 2 of the High FGO Special Batch will are still open until October 31st, 11:59 PM Server Time.
- Submissions for the September/October 2015 Regular Batch are still open until October 31st, 11:59 PM Server Time.

Too many events have been popping up for me lately and it's been incredibly aggravating. I'm going to put together a plan to allow Silvuh, psychoangel691, and TC_Halogen to update the Batch Search Engine since just having me do it is not sustainable with my limited time right now.

Any Conditional Queue Fixes that are sent will need to be clarified on the Batch Search Engine as pending, and then the Status will change to Accepted if said fixes are explained or applied. I'll have to make Conditional Queue Fix Review tasks and have Silvuh assign them; I've been bombarded with too much work and not enough time, and I have noticed it's been dragging the process behind and I want this to pick up again.

Reshiram 10-29-2015 07:14 PM

Sent a file. I wanna say it's maybe toward the 70/71 side of the ratings, with some rolls, jumpstreams, and light polyrhythms. Like, I'm seeing it about as hard as Devilz Staircase or possibly slightly moreso, imo, but not sure.