Having trouble with fast songs???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -SPONG3Y--DDR--M4N!4C-
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    What I mean is that I get the steps (8th or 16th) correctly in queue on my mind but my legs don't seem to react quickly at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • dancer2extreme4
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    erm, play more inside the pad.
    BTW that last video is JBoy and he has gotten through it before. The only reason hardly ever been passed is cuz its in an oni course where you cant miss more than 3 notes on 1x.

    Shoe size has hardly anything to do with it actually if you inside flatfoot the right way having a bigger shoe is an advantage cuz you can just heel-toe the up and down and not have to move as much.

    Leave a comment:


  • ddrfreak925
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    I would recommend using shoes that aren't loose or heavy. Sometimes on songs with a fast tempo, I like to use the top part of my shoe (almost the tip) for extra speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • JONES
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Practice.

    Leave a comment:


  • ddranthony92
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Originally posted by sjoecool1991
    Yeah, FAXX Oni is still unpassed to my knowledge.
    and that has a ton of 400 BPM eights, which are the equivilant to 200 BPM 16ths.
    this guy probally passed it by now, i would think.

    Leave a comment:


  • fido123
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    If its 16th's flatfoot as somone said before me

    If you don't know what it looks like look at this


    Leave a comment:


  • Kaiya-chan
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    I tend to bar whore a lot. But I find dat not stomping, but lightly tapping the pad lets you move faster.

    =]

    Leave a comment:


  • Godhand
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Originally posted by sjoecool1991
    If its only like 2 pounds on each foot, I would not say they are dangerous, and they would help for speed.
    i was thinking about buying some legweights as well. 2 pounds you say? did you get them at walmart? or academy sports

    Leave a comment:


  • sjoecool1991
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Originally posted by -Tibs-
    That is incredibly dangerous.
    If its only like 2 pounds on each foot, I would not say they are dangerous, and they would help for speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • marioGP87
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    whoops! =3...

    Leave a comment:


  • rel89
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    I have a picture somewhere of me C'ing a straight 16th run for 6 measures on Max 300 SMMM.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Tibs-
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Originally posted by Pippin667
    3 years ago i had the same problem, so i watched season 1 of DBZ and got the idea of wearing leg weights.
    That is incredibly dangerous.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pippin667
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    3 years ago i had the same problem, so i watched season 1 of DBZ and got the idea of wearing leg weights. That helped me, as for a mental way to help you on fast song...... drink MONSTER!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • g4z33b0
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Originally posted by Shashakiro
    200 BPM 8ths or 16ths?
    Probably quarters for this guy.

    JBoy passed Faxx Oni in Bossrush IV if I'm not mistaken...

    Leave a comment:


  • sjoecool1991
    replied
    Re: Having trouble with fast songs???

    Yeah, FAXX Oni is still unpassed to my knowledge.
    and that has a ton of 400 BPM eights, which are the equivilant to 200 BPM 16ths.

    Leave a comment:

Working...