Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS
Default TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

Congratulations to the wolves for winning TWG XXXVII. There were 16 players with 4 wolves and 12 humans. The starting setup was 3 wolves plus one to be marked Night 1. Co-MVP's go to Shash and Hans for doing a great job at coming to Iggy with plausible (and true in Shash's case) blue roles as well as distancing themselves quite well the entire time. The roles are below:

Coroner: Vash
Psychic: Ivalubet
Forensic Scientist: FoJar
Guardian: Mini
TT Guardian: Talisman
TT Master Seer: TPS
TT Pupil Seer: Matt
Vigi: Sertman
TT Blocker: Cypher
TT Blocker: Afro
TT Blocker: Tokzic
TT Blocker: Iggy

Device Thief: Wilkin
TT Master Wolf: Hans
TT Wolf Seer: Kilga
TT Marked Wolf: Shash(Ex-TT Blocker)

To summarize for the lazy, the roles were pretty much what everyone said they were, save for hans. Shash was indeed a TT blocker and so any claims he made regarding the role were quite true. As a marked wolf he kept his human power, aka the Time blocking machine he was given. The original time machine that the device thief stole refined 1.5 units of fuel per night with each kill using up 1 unit. The extra .5 units could be stored, this is how the 4 kill slaughter happened. There was also 1 random event in the game that I decided upon ahead of time in the event that I had horribly messed up some balancing aspect of the game. If either team was noticiably disadvantaged from something that I did not expect, I would give that team 1 50/50 chance at generating an extra unit of time fuel to be given to a random role that could use it: Device thief, TT guard, TT seer. This extra unit would basically let them have one more action (kill, vision, guard).

Short version of roles are below, these are the PM's, word for word, that I sent to the respective player(s). Some PMs had some story to go along with the role but it was cut to keep the length of this post down. The PM the player got explains 99% of how the role works, and the rest I noted to myself in a separate part of the file, describing details, technicalities, and how the roles would interact.

Coroner – full role of dead players
To Player:
You are the town Coroner. Each night I will PM you the full role of any deceased players that you do not yet know the role of. This includes players that die within the current night as well as any players that died “before” the current night, via time travel. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Psychic – alignment of dead players
To Player:
You are the town Psychic. Each night I will PM you the alignment of any deceased players that you do not yet know the alignment of. This includes players that die within the current night as well as any players that died “before” the current night, via time travel. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Forensic Scientist – method of death of all non-lynched players
To Player:
You are the town Forensic Scientist. Each night I will PM you the method of death for all deceased players. This includes players that die within the current night as well as any players that died “before” tonight, via time travel. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Guardian – protect one non-self player on the current night
To Player:
You are the town Guardian. Each night you can PM me the name of one player you would like to protect for the night. You are not allowed to protect yourself with this ability. This protection guards only against attacks that would happen on the current night. If you protect someone on the current night and they are somehow killed on a night other than the current night, via time travel, the protection is null and void as the player was now technically dead “before/after” you tried to protect them. When the timeline catches up to the current night, your protection will be targeting a dead player (or a not yet attacked player), and is thusly ineffective. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

TT Guardian – protect one non-self player on any night (past present future)
To Player:
You are the town Time Traveling Guardian. You function just as a normal guardian would, but you have in your possession, a mysterious and powerful device. Each night your time machine refines one unit of time fuel, and it’s currently full. You may use the machine and the fuel to travel to a night, past or future, or stay in the current night should you so choose. You may PM me with a person you would like to guard and a night you would like to guard them on, past present or future. You can not guard yourself with this ability. Should someone be attacked on a night you guarded them, past present or future, the attack will be unsuccessful and the results will become public knowledge via the victim. Your name and the attacker’s will be concealed, of course. Let me know if you have any questions.

Master TT Seer – alignment of one living player per night (past present future)
To Player:
You are the town Time Traveling Seer. You function just as a normal seer would, but you have in your possession, a mysterious and powerful device. Each night your time machine refines one unit of time fuel. You may use the machine and the fuel to travel to a night, past or future, or stay in the current night should you so choose. You may PM me with a person you would like to “see” and a night you would like to “see” them on, past present or future. I will PM you back the alignment of the chosen player. Should your chosen player be killed on a night on or before the current night, you will be observing a dead bosy and your investigation of them will be unsuccessful. You are the master to a Pupil Seer, but amidst the confusion, he has not gotten into contact with you yet. Should you die, your Pupil will be informed and will be able to use your time machine and your “power” in your stead. Should you return, the pupil will defer to you and will no longer possess your machine or be able to use your “power.” You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Pupil TT seer – Transference of Master TT seer’s powers upon death
To Player:
You are the town Pupil Seer. You’re visiting the town to train under the town’s Master Seer, but amidst the chaos, you’ve been unable to locate him yet. In recognition of the town’s traditions, only one Seer will be able to use their power on a given night. Should your master die at some point, you will be able to use your powers. Upon your master’s death, you may also find that he has left you a bit of an inheritance. You will receive further details when this happens. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Vigi – town vigilante, random kills, at Vigi’s will
To Player:
You are the town Vigilante. During the confusion and tragedy that has struck the town, you’ve taken it upon yourself to make sure someone feels justice whether they deserve it or not. You cannot kill too often without raising suspicion, but you figure that you can hide about two bodies in your basement before people start to smell them… You have 2 extra kills you may use over the course of the game. The first of the two must be taken on either night 1 or night 2, but the second one can be taken at any time. This kill happens during the night along with all other special actions the players take. On the night that you would like to take one of your extra kills, you may PM me with a player’s name. This player will be attacked and kill over the course of the night, assuming history doesn’t stop your efforts before they start… This will not be a public kill and will not be confirmed as a vigilante kill on the thread. You are operating on your own to make sure justice is served and as such, the town will just see your kill as just another body, you just pray that the autopsy will reveal your target was something other than human. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

TT Blocker – blocks the TT ability of one player per night
To Player:
You are the town Time Travel Blocker. You have a machine that will allow you to stop the ability of an individual to time travel. Each night you may PM me with the name of a person’s house you would like to disrupt. Should that person attempt to travel through time, they will instead remain in the present night. They will be unaware that they did not travel through time and they will perform their intended action on the current night instead. Be careful though, there may be other town-aligned players that wish to aid the town through time travel, and disrupting them would be harmful to your cause. You are town aligned and win as the town normally does. Let me know if you have any questions.

Device Thief – Refines additional “time fuel”, wolf aligned
To Player:
You are the Device Thief. You are the one that stole the original prototype time machine from Dr. Statzer’s lab. You are a wolf. You and your wolf buddies are traveling through time and killing villagers. Your time machine refines one and a half units of time fuel per night. This will enable you to kill one person per night and an additional person on even nights should you so choose. You may choose to “store” you extra half unit of time fuel that is refined each night in order to take multiple trips through time on a later night. You may travel to any night, past, present or future. Keep in mind that travel to the future is not as effective as travel to the past. Your target may already be deceased for other reasons should you choose to kill them 3 nights from the current night. For any relevant purposes, the machine is being kept at your house as you are the thief. Should you so choose, you may move it to another wolf’s house. This does nothing directly for you, but you may find it advantageous at some point to have its location moved. You are wolf aligned and win as wolves normally do. Your wolf partners are <TT Master Wolf>, <TT Wolf Seer>, and a marked wolf who has not yet been converted. One of them is a Master Wolf and the other is a Wolf Seer. You and your wolf buddies confer and PM me the appropriate number of names each night. I will be keep track of the amount of time fuel your machine has, but you should as well. If your target player(s) should be killed prior to the target night you wish to travel to, your kill is null and void. Should you wish to travel to a night before a presently dead player was killed, you may kill the player on the previous night instead of the night he originally died on. Time Travel and careful thought make these abilities very powerful. Be creative. Remember, everything that can be rewritten will be: lynches, special power uses, deaths, resurrections, etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

TT Master Wolf – appears “human” in seer’s vision of him
To Player:
You are the Time Travel Master Wolf. One of your wolf buddies stole the prototype time travel machine from Dr. Statzer and you, as a team, will be using it to wreak havoc upon the town population. The Device Thief will explain to you exactly how the time machine works and how your nightly wolfings work. As the Master Wolf, you will function like the Master Wolf normally does: you will appear as a human to anyone trying to have a “vision” of you. In addition to anyone having a “vision” of your living self, you will appear as a human to anyone inspecting your dead corpse. You are also in charge of marking one player to be converted into a wolf on the first night of the game. You are wolf aligned and win as wolves normally do. Your wolf partners are <Device Thief>, <Wolf Seer>, and the not-yet-converted marked wolf. One of them is the Device Thief and the Other is a Wolf Seer. Please confer with the other wolves and PM me the name of the player you would like to be converted to the Wolf’s team. If this player has any special abilities he could have used as a human, he will now be able to use them to benefit the wolves (if applicable). Let me know if you have any questions.

Wolf Seer – role of chosen player, once per night
To Player:
You are the Time Travel Wolf Seer. One of your wolf buddies stole the prototype time travel machine from Dr. Statzer and you, as a team, will be using it to wreak havoc upon the town population. The Device Thief will explain to you exactly how the time machine works and how your nightly wolfings work. As the Time Travel Wolf Seer, you may PM me the name of one player each night that you would like to have a “vision” of. I will PM you back the full role of this player. Should the player be killed on some night prior to the current night, via time travel, your vision will be of a dead player and will be ineffective. You are wolf aligned and win as wolves normally do. Your wolf partners are <TT Master Wolf>, <Device Thief>, and a marked wolf that has not yet been converted. One of them is the Device Thief and the other is a Master Wolf. Let me know if you have any questions.

TT Marked Wolf – converted to the wolves side, N1, wolves choose this player
To Player:
You have been marked by the wolves. Tonight you will convert to a wolf and be forever on the side of the wolves. Any powers you had as a human will still be able to be used to benefit the wolves, if applicable. You are now wolf aligned and win as wolves normally do. Your wolf partners are <TT Master Wolf>, <Device Thief>, and <TT Wolf Seer>. One of them is the Device Thief, another a Wolf Seer, and the other is a Master Wolf. Let me know if you have any questions.
-Bowser
Old 10-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman
Default Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

godDAMNIT.

We had this game DEAD TO RIGHTS. HOW DID WE **** IT UP.

good ****ing job afro for being totally WRONG.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

lol noobs

I actually forgot to send my Night 1 vision in. It was going to be iggy. That would've been a REAL blast.

EDIT: Also I wish someone had pointed out that I was acting like an angry asshole as I did the last time I was on the chopping block on Day 1 (in the mason pairs game) and not at all calmly like my past few games as a wolf. It's hard work setting precedents, you know. :(
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 10-23-2006 at 11:22 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman View Post
godDAMNIT.

We had this game DEAD TO RIGHTS. HOW DID WE **** IT UP.

good ****ing job afro for being totally WRONG.
I wouldn't say that you had it and you lost it, knowing how everything went. I'd say you thought you had it, but didn't, and the wolves knew they didn't have it, but could, if they played well and actually tried to blend in. Humans did make a fair number of mistakes by not fully using their powers. On more than one occasion there were people who did not send me anything, and back-up votes were quite infrequently used, but they would have made things somewhat better on the N1 slaughter if people had given more alternates.

A word to the wise, a couple players were quite close to being booted from the game for too closely sharing PM information. I did my best to keep them in but the higher powers that be wanted them gone. You should take notice and be a little more conscious of the rules.
-Bowser
Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

at this point it serves no purpose to anyone if you don't say who those people are

and no, we had that game, me and iggy had discussed shash and hans but we ended up getting sidetracked

plus i died rofl

Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Well, at least my fake role served the purpose of making everyone think there was no time travel in the wolves, even though I ended up preaching that was the Device Thief's power.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Also, the humans never really had a chance, since part of the TWC was ready to come down on iggy for using PM-exclusive information to deduce Shash's humanity (even though Shash wasn't human >_>).

People, please don't forget that the PMs are PRIVATE for a reason. Go read up on Rule #3. In a game like this where the host never publicly reveals the number of special roles or what they are, you should be extra careful in asking about roles.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
MiniNeo
FFR Player

lol

As soon as i found out hans isn't dead day 1 (after guarding him >_>) I had that feeling...

but then this whole big alliance thing came along and I was like lol whatever k
Old 10-23-2006, 11:53 PM   #9
Wilkin
FFR Player

Some of my favorite quotes from the game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Damnit, iggy.

If this game wasn't already in the bag, I'd be really mad that things are being held up.
Quote:
Besides, we're just picking off people now. We have enough confirmed humans that there is basically no way to lose.
Quote:
quick message to the wolves:

if iggy or myself is not attacked tonight, you are all officially retarded
Quote:
hans and shash: not a whole lot here... I guess kilga could have seer'd one of the many time blockers and told shash about the role's information to fake it... and hans's role is very easy for a wolf, because all of the knowlege his role gets in a pm would also be commonly known amongst all of the wolves
The humans completely underestimated the power of the wolves, and thought they had a huge advantage that the wolves couldn't counter.

Oh, by the way, here's my fun convo with Iggy on Day 1 that never got posted:

Iggy911Mc: i need to talk to you if youre there
Iggy911Mc: i see you reading the thread
Iggy911Mc: you there?
Wilkini Evili: Yo.
Wilkini Evili: Looks like I got myself in quite a predicament.
Iggy911Mc: hey sorry i called you out, nothing personal its just that ive got a lot of blues
Iggy911Mc: lol yea
Wilkini Evili: Why am I on your list?
Iggy911Mc: and you did say you were human
Wilkini Evili: That I did.
Iggy911Mc: which its my theory that there are little to no humans this game
Wilkini Evili: It's probably correct.
Iggy911Mc: kilga did the same thing and out of everyone ive talking to you guys were the onyl ones to admit that
Wilkini Evili: I thought about it myself at the outset, but didn't think of it when we first talked.
Wilkini Evili: I was just skeptical of you, since I wouldn't really put any stunt past you.
Iggy911Mc: lying would definitely been your best chance
Iggy911Mc: lol well you wouldnt have known that it would have gotten some trust
Iggy911Mc: that and i think stoic stakced this game so bad against you guys
Iggy911Mc: i mean i know he didnt think an alliance would come out but i think he just gave everyone a special role
Iggy911Mc: i mean i even know that there are 4 wolves
Iggy911Mc: and each of your roles
Wilkini Evili: Wait, what?
Iggy911Mc: i dont know who is who but i know what exists
Wilkini Evili: I never admitted to being a wolf.
Iggy911Mc: you dont have to
Iggy911Mc: i know you are
Wilkini Evili: But I'm not.
Wilkini Evili: That's the only reason I told you I was a green.
Wilkini Evili: Because I was skeptical of your initial coming out.
Iggy911Mc: so are you a blue?
Iggy911Mc: well you were one of two people that didnt trust me
Iggy911Mc: lol thinking about lying now XD
Iggy911Mc: it might help you
Wilkini Evili: Did Kilga not trust you either?
Wilkini Evili: I'm just wary, since this is my first blue game.
Iggy911Mc: i asked him if he was blue and he said no
Iggy911Mc: he was green
Wilkini Evili: Even though it turns out not to be that special.
Iggy911Mc: what is your role?
Iggy911Mc: might as well try to lie your way through it
Iggy911Mc: XD
Wilkini Evili: Once a night I send Stoic a PM with someone's name who I think can time travel.
Wilkini Evili: And if I'm right, I can take their ability.
Iggy911Mc: whats the title called?
Iggy911Mc: lol cuz it sounds like device thief to me
Iggy911Mc: which is a wolf role that was tole to me
Iggy911Mc: anymore you want to share?
Wilkini Evili: Device thief?
Wilkini Evili: Hold on, checking something...
Wilkini Evili: Wouldn't the deivce thief be the time travel wolf?
Wilkini Evili: That's how it looks in the opening story to the game.
Iggy911Mc: pssh i dunno
Iggy911Mc: there is no time travel wolf
Iggy911Mc: but what you just said is something that another role told me is a wolf role
Iggy911Mc: so either someone just sold you out or you were just caught
Wilkini Evili: My PM never gave me the title of Device Thief.
Wilkini Evili: It didn't really give me a title at all.
Iggy911Mc: all roles have a title
Iggy911Mc: every role given to me has had a title to it
Iggy911Mc: your just dont "have" one because i guessed what it was
Wilkini Evili: It just kind of described my power; kind of like your post where you referred to yourself as the "time stopper"
Wilkini Evili: I don't really know what to call it.
Iggy911Mc: ok well go to stoic and ask what your title is
Iggy911Mc: maybe he forgot it lol
Wilkini Evili: Heh.
Iggy911Mc: got your title yet?
Iggy911Mc: lol
Wilkini Evili: Hold on.
Wilkini Evili: Talking to him now.
Wilkini Evili: He called it the Investigator.
Wilkini Evili: I guess because I'm trying to find out who stole the time-travel device.
Iggy911Mc: even though youre stealing a device from someone who can travel through time
Iggy911Mc: i mean that alone, based off the story, is a wolf tendency
Iggy911Mc: no townsperson would steal a time travel device
Iggy911Mc: were looking for the thieves lol
Wilkini Evili: It says I'm aligned with the humans.
Iggy911Mc: thats a lie
Iggy911Mc: becuas eit would say aligned with the town like mine does
Iggy911Mc: anything else?
Iggy911Mc: lol
Wilkini Evili: Humans/town.
Wilkini Evili: I don't really care for technicalities.
Iggy911Mc: lol only because you dont know them
Wilkini Evili: How so?
Iggy911Mc: because when i read my pm i took note of the fact that it said town and not humans
Iggy911Mc: i didnt know what team i was on until i read it over and over until i found "town" in there
Iggy911Mc: thus if it really said town then you would know that
Wilkini Evili: I just associated "town" with "humans"
Iggy911Mc: maybe so
Wilkini Evili: Especially since I didn't think it would be an all blue game at the time.
Iggy911Mc: but even if thats true you have no way of proving it to me
Iggy911Mc: and the fact that your "blue" role is a red one that is huge evidence you cant get out of
Iggy911Mc: but no worries because if you die i have someone to tell me if i was wrong and will go after the one who sold you out
Wilkini Evili: But there has to be a time travel wolf.
Wilkini Evili: Stoic even said it.
Iggy911Mc: maybe so
Iggy911Mc: maybe time travel is what your power is
Iggy911Mc: but you only get it when you find someone who can time travel
Wilkini Evili: I'm assuming so.
Wilkini Evili: Or else I don't know what point my role would have.
Wilkini Evili: But it looks like I could take the power from a blue or a red.
Iggy911Mc: only if that person can time travel
Wilkini Evili: Well, yeah.
Wilkini Evili: But as far as I know, only the supposed time travel wolf can.
Wilkini Evili: But I'm sure you know more.
Iggy911Mc: true that

*later*

Iggy911Mc: im giving you a chance to prove yourself to me
Iggy911Mc: when you use your power tonight pick talisman
Iggy911Mc: actually dont pick talisman
Iggy911Mc: ill wait for a ruling from stoic before i tell you who to use your power on

And this is from the next day (RL), I believe:

Iggy911Mc: hey you there?
Wilkini Evili: Yo.
Iggy911Mc: hey i think that i can use you after all
Iggy911Mc: i held back our conversation from the thread because i want to ask you a few more questions
Wilkini Evili: Sure.
Iggy911Mc: can you use your power on dead people?
Wilkini Evili: I'd assume so.
Wilkini Evili: Since they can be revived anyway.
Wilkini Evili: Lemme ask Stoic about it.
Iggy911Mc: can you confirm that with stoic?
Iggy911Mc: ok
Iggy911Mc: also when you say steal do you steal their power forever or do you just borrow it and they get it back?
Wilkini Evili: Yeah, but only time travel.
Wilkini Evili: I can't take a seer ability ro anything.
Iggy911Mc: ah so you can only take the ability to time travel not their ability itself
Wilkini Evili: Yeah.
Wilkini Evili: I can duplicate it.
Wilkini Evili: But I'm not sure what the time travel would be used for without an extra ability on it.
Wilkini Evili: *how it would be used
Iggy911Mc: is the ability permanent or a once a night thing?
Wilkini Evili: Once I use it, it's "depleted" more or less, but I can duplicate it again.
Wilkini Evili: No, I can't use it on the dead.
Wilkini Evili: The power has to be active, or else it would be like I'm replacing them.
Iggy911Mc: ah ok well then that messes things up a bit
Iggy911Mc: i cant give you the ability to time travel
Wilkini Evili: Ah.
Wilkini Evili: Well, I can always shoot in the dark tonight.
Iggy911Mc: especially when i know that a time travel without an ability to go with it would only help wolves
Wilkini Evili: Unless we can figure out what we could do with it.
Wilkini Evili: Maybe lynch someone earlier.
Iggy911Mc: meh its possible
Iggy911Mc: but still not beneficial since humans wouldnt know a wolf from human
Wilkini Evili: True.
Iggy911Mc: i mean if you had lied to me and said that you got their ability
Iggy911Mc: i would have given a time traveling blue to steal their power
Iggy911Mc: and would have told you how to use it
Iggy911Mc: but since you said you get the ability to time travel by itself that has too much of a risk that im not willing to take
Wilkini Evili: Understandable.
Iggy911Mc: cuz a wolf would travel back to night 1 and replace me with talisman
Wilkini Evili: Makes sense.
Wilkini Evili: Hopefully it'll be more beneficial as things progress.
Iggy911Mc: no i dont think im taking the chance
Iggy911Mc: ill find out if you are a green or not when you die though so the truth will be known eventually
Wilkini Evili: Oy.
Iggy911Mc: if you are a wolf lemmie just say that you guys had no chance of winning this game ever
Iggy911Mc: stoic messed up when he made this game
Iggy911Mc: he gave everyone a blue role
Iggy911Mc: so unless you have someone lying to me with a blue role, then this game is over in just a matter of time
Wilkini Evili: I don't have anyone doing anything.
Wilkini Evili: I'M NOT A WOLF.
Iggy911Mc: all will be known to me later
Iggy911Mc: i mean im sorry if you are telling the truth but the evidence is better than your word
Iggy911Mc: anyone can lie but your info doesnt match well as everyone elses
Wilkini Evili: Well, I can't really blame you or anything.
Iggy911Mc: heres the thing too
Iggy911Mc: ive got shash,. matt, wilkin and kilga as the 4 unknowns
Iggy911Mc: so if you are a wolf and those are your buddies, this game is over becuase those guys will go first
Iggy911Mc: all i can say is hopefully one of you lied and got in the alliance
Iggy911Mc: cuz thats the only chance you have

wups
Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

i wanna know how four people died in one night
Old 10-24-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
Wilkin
FFR Player

Stoic said it right after the role: player section in the first post. The wolves got 1.5 kills a night, and saved up the .5 every night up to Night 4, when they got an extra two kills on top of their normal one. The fourth kill came from Stoic noticing the unbalance and allowing another kill to happen (through the 50/50 chance).
Old 10-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

ah i see, thanks wilkin.

if i were the wolves, i would have just killed half a person each night.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #13
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Fun game, so many near misses near the beginning (I was really close to getting lynched before coming out to Iggy) but towards the end we'd basically won.

I didn't think of the possibility of a vigi with two kills, so I thought Kilga would be resurrected with the 4 kill slaughter and the game would end then and there...and by the way, the reason we knew who to kill with that was through process of elimination (We knew Fojar from Kilga's seering, and Afro and Iggy countless ways).

Kill explanations: Talis was for intelligence, the rest were for blue-hunting. Simple as that.

About the game in general...it was fun, but I don't like the whole hidden roles thing. It makes real strategy essentially impossible, since there's always an element of luck in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:13 AM   #14
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

The idea that shash was a wolf hiding as a time blocker crossed my mind but I dismissed it after defending him over cypher.

Shash you got lucky that you guys killed sert when you did because he was coming for you as his second kill.

Once I ran out of people that could logically be wolves I really didn't know what to do. I knew that even if hans was faking that his info was true so that's why I defended him for the game, guess that was another downfall.

But I guess I had a theory how everyone could have been a wolf towards the end of game so I'm not saying that I knew all along, I was caught a little off guard, great game wolves.

@stoic: I time blocked shash night 1, it told me that he had no way of travelling back in time? How was this interpreted since shash was obviously able to travel back and kill 4 more people.

@kilga: Actually that's what I thought the reason for vash, tps, matt, and mini dying at first. Once stoic said they were from players in the game and not host kills, I practically drew a name out of a hat.

And I don't think I broke any rules. I was careful in wording my questions to only ask about the role itself. EX: If I asked a seer what his power was, he should be able to tell me what it does without being under the restriction of the "host PM" clause of the rule. I asked specifics on how the role worked, and IMO that doesn't include sharing info from a host to prove humanity.

But in the end it didnt matter XD. Sorry afro for being so gun-ho about shash's humanity, but hindsight is always 20-20, you know I couldn't lynch shash knowing that his role was totally legit. (Even though we never thought a wolf would have time blocking powers rofl, stupid hans)

And just for future reference, the only people that really gave me a hard time about their roles in the beginning of the game were hans, shash, wilkin, kilga, and mini (kind of but he was guardian so he knew under normal game circumstances he didn't NEED to come to me)

Again, gg wolves, totally human favored game and you bested us, I've got nothing else to say lol.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:19 AM   #15
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

But you've got to admit, finding kilga and wilkin was pretty amazing IMO, it's rare to find 1 wolf day one let alone 2 of them.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:59 AM   #16
Wilkin
FFR Player

The big problem with me and Kilga's coming out to you was that we were stuck between a couple of choices:

1) Come out as a human/green. By the time you talked to me initially, we (As a whole) didn't really have enough information to know that it was a red/blue game. Thus, our claims of being greens were all we could do, since coming out as crazy blue roles was going to be a pretty hard thing to do.

2) Come out as a blue. Hans succeeded because he chose a good role (and about the only one we could successfully fake) to go to you with. By the time we talked again, I was making it up on the spot. After I said something about my "role", I immediately thought of something else that would sound more legit. For instance, instead of stealing time travel power, I could kill the TT wolf if I correctly guessed them. I also considered telling you I was the bookie, explaining why I came out as green earlier, but there was no way I could back that up, which would've screwed me over anyway. Shash succeeded (for the most part) because he WAS that role, so there was no reason not to believe him.

3) Abstain. I really didn't think that everyone was going to come to you, especially someone like Afro, who usually takes a lot of caution for their own well-being. I figured that if we knew it was going to be a red/blue game beforehand, the chance of a wolf coming out in the beginning would be far too likely, and people would be more careful about who they'd come out to.

I'm surprised I got as far as I did with you, at least to the point where everyone believed my fake role. I based it off of the hint from the PM that had to do with the specific person holding the device (though it turned out to be talking about the time blockers), and then just made it up as I went. In retrospect, I could've done a lot better with the role, but I don't blame you for seeing through it. As soon as me and Kilga were caught not coming out as blues, I knew it was too late for either of us, and that it didn't matter who got lynched, since you would've (and did) gotten the other vigi'd.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #17
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

For the record, if I had been blue, I wouldn't have done anything different than what I did. I value my own life too much to make any special role I have known to anyone who I don't see as having 100% proven they're not a wolf.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #18
klagett
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to klagett

This was stupid.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #19
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
3) Abstain. I really didn't think that everyone was going to come to you, especially someone like Afro, who usually takes a lot of caution for their own well-being.
If afro had been any role other than a time blocker that probably would have been the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkin
I'm surprised I got as far as I did with you, at least to the point where everyone believed my fake role.
You really didn't have me fooled at all. When I was talking to you when you were alive, I was just trying to see if you would get desparate enough to give me info. Hans told me that there was a device thief (so duh I didn't get info from him lol) and vash's report was only vague enough to imply that you were the device thief. What you actually did was a small detail i never 100% confirmed.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #20
Wilkin
FFR Player

I never really thought I had you fooled. I know that I was going to appear as a wolf to you no matter what I did after your first impression, so the only thing I could do by that point was to try my hardest, rather than going "lol yea ur rite man gg im teh device thief lol." Even if I was legit the entire time, the mistake of telling you I was green at all is what doomed me. Unfortunaely, since you came to me first, rather than me coming to you, I wasn't able to fabricate a role believable enough to throw at you.

It was pretty funny, though, because he entire time I was talking to you about it, Hans kept relaying his conversation with you about how far you thought I'd go.
Closed Thread