Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default TWG VI - Post Game

Several things to point out here.

Kefit, the seer, was not too lucky. Out of all 4 nights, he was unable to Seer a wolf, and not even the master wolf, Squeek.

There wasn't much to go on this game, because the wolves did a good job of keeping quite ;-P Newcomer Tps did a great job in ensuring a wolf team victory.

The huge mistake made by the humans, was Alain revealing himself as the guardian, and 87x's phantom vote on day one. Without that vote, the wolves could only ensure a knife-in-box senario until they perhaps won it.

Also, 87x's kill of eyespew on day 5 gave the wolves the chance to instalynch 87x, it was only a matter of time to get all 3 wolves online at the same time.

Excellent game played by both parties, and that even's up the total to 3 wins for the wolves, and 3 wins for the humans.

The thread for VII will be posted soon, and opened tomorrow. If you are intersted in hosting, PM or IM me.

MVP this game goes to TPS, for being a great first time player/wolf, and coming up with the idea of instalynching 87x. Great game all.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd
Default RE: TWG VI - Post Game

hah...some humans acted so suspiciously during that game- threw me off there a lot.

kudos to the wolves for a flawless victory
Old 12-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Too bad I couldn't participate in this one. Cya in the next TWG!

And congrats to those wily wolves.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

ok... first of all... i need to get this off my chest.

NO WOLF IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL EVER COMMIT HARI-KARI. IT IS MATHEMATICALLY INCORRECT. IT IS LOGICALLY INCORRECT. AND IT IS JUST PLAIN OUT STUPID FOR ANYONE TO BELIEVE THAT ONE PERSON WOULD BE WILLING TO KILL THEMSELVES FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE TEAM... PLUS THE FACT THAT IN THIS GAME, THERE WAS HARDLY SUSPICION ON THE WOLVES, SO THEY HAVE NO REASON TO KILL THEMSELVES.

argh. i've been meaning to say that for days now. also, i am flat out ashamed at Blah and Alain. you two were manipulated into killing me and not smart enough to realize the errors of your ways. hell, you were too chicken to even confront me about it, knowing that i could convince you to not kill me. HAD YOU LISTENED TO ME, cypher would have died on day 1 and tps would have died on day 2. it turns out that me switching from cypher to snapps on day 1 was also part of what got me killed on day 2.

another note... WTF WERE YOU DOING KEFIT?!?!?!
1. why did you not contact myself or blah.
2. why were you unable to put 2+2 together on day 4... you had enough information to peg at least 2 wolves through inactivaty alone.
3. why did you reveal yourself as the seer when you KNEW the guardian was dead.

i put the absolute blame for this human loss on the shoulders of Kefit. you messed up BIG.

for the wolves... you played very well, and also got lucky. Blah managed to talk me out of voting for cypher (still not sure why i listened) on day 1, thereby allowing you to not have to make an early move to save him... and then convincing alain and blah to gangrape me on day 2 when otherwise tps would have died.... and lastly taking advantage of having COMPLETE AND UTTER MORONS playing the endgame.

i will finish with my time honored words... when i am involved with the seer, my side wins. got the seer killed on day 1 in both 1 and 4, and in games 2, 3, and 5 i worked with either the real seer or a fake one. so if we learn nothing else from this horrid display of critical thinking... TRUST THE TASS.

oh yes, that leads me to my final thought... HUMAN PARANOIA IS THE KEY TO WOLF VICTORY. why do i win? is it because i'm the smartest? probably not (q, squeek, chardish, guido, etc are all quite intelligent). it is because I TRUST PEOPLE. i'm sure that since i go out and say this, its going to change.... but people who are wolves fear me. they know i can pick apart their conversations and see deep into their soul. so they do not IM me. only humans do. (of course, there are always exceptions to this rule... but i stick by my trust, as alain will testify to). so Kefit, to Kilga, to anyone who is filled with paranoia... STOP IT! it is paranoia that forces us to work as individuals like in twg6. and as individuals, we shall die alone. if we band together, we have a shot of killing the evil wolves. (now, i'm saying this on the assumptions that i'll be human the majority of the time... ignore everything i am saying if i am a wolf. )

um... i'm sure i have more to my rant, but i'll wait to see everyone's comments and reactions to my thoughts first.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:38 PM   #5
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

This is my perspective on TWG, as a wolf.
First Night: eb was just a kill. I didn’t want to have to talk to him and accidentally say something that would reveal me. Actually, I think I wanted to kill blah the first day, Good thing I didn’t.

First day: Holy crap that was close. I was so pissed I was going to random voted off. I decided to do something about it. I posted my defense and then I talked to tasselfoot. I pretty much said “It’s not like you to random vote” and he changed his vote. I don’t what made him do it, whether it was my statement or his own predetermined decision. I just saw tass's real reason. thanks blah Either way, it saved my ass.

Second Night: Q. That was an easy choice. Smart guy, but probably won’t be gaurdianed.

Second day: I was talking to blah, and he seemed very suspicious of tass. Perfect. There was already a vote for him, and the voting period was close to ending. Blah tried so hard to convince me to vote for tass, when in reality, I love the idea. I hope to God it wasn’t a trap, but I went for it. Humans and a wolf lynch the human’s greatest ally. Score 2 for me.

Third Night: Kilgamayan. Smart guy. TWG vet. Not likely to be gaurdianed.

Fourth Day: Hans is suspicious of me. Oh well. I explain myself for voting tass. Helped out in getting Alain insta-lynched. Damn I’m good.

Fourth Night: Blah was scrambling to get a human alliance in order. I got in. I thought it would be smooth sailing. I decide I need to kill blah because he would figure me out sooner or later. Good thing we decided to wolf him.

Fourth Day: Blah figured everything out. Good thing he was dead. This day, the waters start becoming somewhat rocky. Not too bad, but victory isn’t so clear cut. As far as I know, afrobean trusts me. I try hard to get Hans killed from this day to the next. Alas, he stayed alive. Kefit comes out as the seer. I am suspicious of him actually being the seer, and the humans were just trying to throw us off the real seer’s case. Oh well. SO close to getting Hans lynched but 87 threw in his vote for Afrobean, and it became a knife-in-the-box. Bean loses. Hans is still alive.

Night five: I do a random pick between Kefit and Hans, because I thought hans MIGHT be the seer. I got kefit. Good for us. I’m sad that my human ally was lynched though. Oh well.

Day five: Holy crap. Too many close calls. First off, tps and squeek were never on at the same time. I was under extreme scrutiny. No good for me. At that time, I had one chance at victory, and that was to get Hans insta-lynched. If tps squeek and I were on at the same time, we could have done it. No such luck. 87x busts out with his vigilante card and kills Eyespew. Damnit. But then I get home and tps is on. I see that I have three votes. But then I see that it takes four to get me insta-lynched. Hell yes. Then squeek gets on. Tps comes up with the ‘vote 87x’ idea. I come up with “let’s post the same thing so humans get angry” idea. At five till four, I vote for 87x. Then Squeek votes, then tps.

3 points.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #6
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

A response to Tasselfoot:

1) You or Blah could have been master wolf. Period. The end.

2) I had enough info to peg Squeek, I guess, but by that point I didn't care enough to really play the game properly.

3) I was going to die that night anyways. Plus I was getting extremely irritated with the game, so I thought, "why not?"

And yes, human paranoia does get the humans killed. You should have been there with chat between me, Alain, Blah, and eyespew. We were all convinced that the chat room was running rampant with wolves, and thus, we accomplished absolutely nothing. Actually, we accomplished less than nothing, since we all left the chat hugely suspicious of each other.

Now, mathematically, choosing to trust someone will win the game for you more often than it won't. I don't particularly care for wins over the long run though. I only care about the current game, and I am not willing to throw any given game to chance.

Anyway, I am done with this game.

Oh, one more thing:

Please, in the next game, replace the seer with something else. Three masons, perhaps.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #7
Wayfaerer_
FFR Player

So what exactly is this game?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:46 PM   #8
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=18844
Old 12-17-2004, 02:53 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Kefit... i'm pretty sure i explained my logic behind the seer still trusting people, regardless of the master wolf or not... if i didn't (i know i did), i'll say it again for everyone to hear:

at the start of day 1 there is a 1/14 chance that the person seered is the master wolf (16 players, 1 dead already, 1 seer). now... it has been clearly proven that the key to human victory is an organized voting block (read: TRUST). look back on TWG2 for what happens when a wolf infiltrates a human alliance.

also, there are failsafes that you did not think about. you tell both myself and blah that you are the seer. if you die that night, most likely one of the 2 is a wolf and they can continue in your memory... or, more obvious... the wolf will stay in the shadows, working with the seer to kill the other 2 wolves. in the WORST CASE SCENARIO, it plays down to 3 people (2 humans, 1 wolf).

without trust Kefit, there is only chaos. also, your feelings of apathy upset me greatly. there are easily 10 people that wanted to play in this TWG but couldn't because people like you took their spot. i hope you do not play again, as you do not show an actual desire to play. or better yet, you get wolfed on night 1 again. because not only will you not play, i will find it amazingly funny.

PS - i've been talking to chardish about a mason game for twg7. we shall see how it goes.

EDIT: i feel we should have a TWG ban list, or at least temp ban list... for people who are unfit to play or have shown unwillingness to play.

My List:
Moogy - perma ban
Snapps - temp ban (maybe perma)
Kefit - temp.

its not fair for people who actually want to play and give their full effort that others who aren't take their spot.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

I started off this game rather excited about it, but it ate away at me as time went on. The completely retarded chat I had was the final straw.

Anyway, I just don't like the mechanics of this game. You seem to enjoy it though, so have fun with future TWGs.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:00 PM   #11
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

could someone post when the sign-ups will be for tomorrow, or whereabouts? I definitely want to give this game a go.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:00 PM   #12
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Hahahha, Tass I thought whatever side you were on WILL win TWG.

As for the ban list, I think you and chardish should be put on there because of what you did last TWG. That was just low.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #13
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I think people should only play a certain number of games in a row. Tass should sit out of the next one (maybe be mod, I dunno) so that others get a chance to play. And I don't see a problem with Kefit not wanting to play anymore at that point. The humans were screwed at that point, pretty much, and all the humans were pretty much tired of playing the game. I don't think Tass can rightfully blame Kefit for it all, because nobody else did any better.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #14
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Oh, give it a rest, flypie. That business won't happen again (right?), so there's no reason to keep perfectly legitimate players out of the game, regardless as well of how much they win.

I'm not too sad that I wasn't in this game. I became rather disillusioned after last game, and when I found out that this game was going to be just like the last, I just didn't care. TWG VII needs to have a much different setup That means, at the very least, getting rid of two roles that we usually have and putting in others. A gametype change wouldn't be bad, either, but the bottom line is that the games are getting stagnant.

I vote for blah to mod the next one.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #15
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

I'm getting into the next one..
Old 12-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Here's how the conversation went for the wolves.

Night 1 - We had to kill someone. Here's what we did. I took the smart / good players and put them into pile a. I took the new / bad players and put them into pile b. I took the rest and gave my teammates the list of choices. EB was a perfect choice. He stirred up action last game and is a regular poster.

Day 1 - Everyone is confused. Kefit didn't die? What? Omega says he's the seer? OK... Nobody is looking our way and things are looking good. Suddenly, Snapps decides to stop kidding around and votes Cypher. Tass saves our lives and we move into Night 2.

Night 2 - We figured that at this point, we could safely remove one of the players since Tass had established a decent foundation. Q voted me anyway, so I got him back for it.

Day 2 - Same situation. Anybody wants Q out, right Tass? Thanks for that as well. You're really helping us out here. We would have let you help us more, but we had the opportunity to kill you, so we did.

Night 3 - Q was easy to kill, why not Kilga? Sorry Kilga. You're too good to be in that long.

Day 3 - Still disarray. Alain ends up getting 5 votes and Blahblah makes a really stupid decision by not voting and attempting to get people to vote Kefit when there's already one vote left for an instalynch. I place my vote and prepare to back it up. Oh, by the way Blah, I heard every one of your conversations. Cypher and Hans helped me out with that.

Night 4 - Blah is onto us? Blah is gone!

Day 4 - ANOTHER disarrayed round. I defend my vote and everybody believes me. Scattered votes everywhere, and hardly any go our way. Score.

Night 5 - Say goodbye to Kefit. Seer or not, we didn't really care. We knew the guardian was dead.

Day 5 - We had this won either way, so don't blame 87x. If the vigilante was dead, we'd have all voted Hans. Since 87x vigilante'd, we picked out his flaw, exploited it, and won.

GG guys.

Tass - Don't blame Kefit. With the MW in play, the seer really can't trust anyone. He DID seer you, though. Too bad it didn't help much, since you were dead in 2 days.

Announcements.

1) I would be willing to host anytime in the future. Put me on the host list for every future game.

2) I quit. That's right, I quit. I really didn't want to play again and only did so for Omega's sake. He ended up getting in on time and I didn't feel the need to drop out. I figured I could finally play the game as a human...obviously I'm not allowed to play this game as a regular role (A joke, chill out).

The real reason I am quitting is because this game is a real shot to my morals. I hate lying to people under any circumstance. Hans and I became pretty good internet buddies from this game and the entire time he had his trust placed in me. I hated every minute of our conversations about this game because I knew everytime I said something, I had to lie. I'm not the kind of person for this game, even though we really just won with flying colors this time around.

Also, I'd like to mention that this game is far too stressful for me to play in. I actually DID lose sleep over this game and probably failed one of my finals thinking about what to do next.

~Squeek

PS - LD, to say it again, I apologize for getting angry at you over AIM. I ask that you clarify the rules for future games.

PPS - Is it just me, or did the story really get nowhere? What was the point of killing people? What was the point of even going on a hike after doing this act? We could have easily just stayed outside the city limits...not like any of the hikers would have noticed ouir presence or anything like that. I've got some good story ideas for my games to come that actually work.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #17
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Humans, stop being so suspicious. Seriously, I was SURE that Omega and Hans were wolves just because of their suspiciousness.

Also, I'm not too suspicious, so I'm not sure why people voted for me. It's actually funny; I'm accepted as human by basically everyone. Somewhere during the day when I was lynch'd, someone said they thought I was suspicious and lots of others jumped on. I knew the humans were screwed once they were tricked into lynching me, a human with nothing suspicious really going on. In fact, I posted lots of advice in my "OMG i r dead" post about what the humans should do to win it. Then Cypher I believe it was IM'd me and told me that lengthy death posts were frown'd upon, so I shorten'd it. It didn't matter much though, because 87x did exactly what I suggested, he just didn't get a wolf.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #18
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Afro -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek from TWG I
General Tip - Argh. People, STOP ACTING SUSPICIOUS. DO THINGS NORMALLY. BE NORMAL.
I do say I was normal the entire time. LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME.

Honestly, it's so simple. If you don't want to draw suspicion to yourself, do things normally. You guys killed yourselves the entire game. I'm surprised Omega wasn't gone within a day.

~Squeek

PS - Campaign. I will remove the vigilante and try out 2 masons. Let's see if people can handle the concept of new things.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #19
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Old 12-17-2004, 04:09 PM   #20
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

I would also like to host the next TWG. I have some good ideas up my sleeve and I think it could be a lot of fun. I have had interest in running a TWG since the 1st one, and I promise I will do a good job.

/campaign

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Closed Thread