Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924
Default I Challenge You: Mal Reynolds! To A Twilight Duel At Nine

Show up or you lose. There is a little point system to. If you lose, you lose 1 Hero Point. If you win, you gain 1 Hero Point. Begin. If you don't know what to do, read the rules I wrote in the New Style Of Writing thread. Begin.

It was very dark. I was on my way to a play I wanted to go see at 9:30. My apartment was all the way in East Village. I looked at my watch, it was 7:25. Not long before it began. I had to go all the way to Soho for the play. So I took a cab to GunPoint and then decided, so that I'd save money, walk from there. I walked down a few blocks and took a right at another. I hadn't ate yet so I went inside a coffee shop called Skips Shop. I got a raisen bagel with cream cheese. It was delicious.
I looked at my watch again, 8:00. One hour. So I began to go and get my seat before it was too packed. The play I was going to see was the premiere of Maezart. I read in the Times Union about it. Apparently it's about a very talented women named Mae. Hence be why it was called Maezart, in honor of the musical genius Mozart. He is one of my favorate classical composers, which I love by the way. I took lessons when I was a kid along with some self-trained Martial Arts I picked up from my father who was a sensai at a nearby dojo in East Village. I grew up around there and picked up a few things here and there. So robbery wasn't a fear for me. Expcially since I had my permit for the 9mm I was carrying around. Loaded with only two bullets though. So I was safe.
I walked down a block. The next block would lead me into Soho. Then only two more blocks before I was at the theater. I looked at my watch, 8:30! Oh no i'm going to be late!
I ran quickly down the blocks. I could see the theater lights from where I was. It was only two blocks away. I ran faster, then stopped. I looked at an alley, short and narrow. It would lead me a block closer if I ran through it. I knew better not to but with my Martial Arts and 9mm I felt secure enough. So I decided to dash through it. I breathed in deep, then ran! I ran and jumped right over a garbage can clearing a box right next to it. I was about three feet to the end. I began to smile.
I made it to the end of the alley. I sighed in relief. Then something grabbed me. I felt like I was a nuke that was just detonated. My whole body lit up in shock. It was a glove clinching tightly around me mouth. He was holding my arms back so I couldn't grab my gun which he hadn't noticed, thanfully. I tried to break free but I was frozen. I panicked. What to do! What to do! Should I aim and kick him in the nuts? Should I scream through his torn glove for help? No, no deffinitly not that. He most likely had a gun to my head which I wouldn't be able to feel since my body was numb with shock and all. I struggled to remain com. e whispered in my ear. "Give me your money." "I have n-none!" I tried to say. He pulled me into the alley where no one would see us. It was pitch black. I couldn't tell if I was dead or blind. Or both. He removed hi glove from my mouth. I felt a hard material smash into my head. I don't remember the rest. Everything went black.

(Your turn Mal to continue with the story which can lead into a battle at anytime you feel like it. These don't have limits.) Make it fit with the story. I'll leave the rest to you.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default RE: I Challenge You: Mal Reynolds! To A Twilight Duel At Nin

I followed the sound of the struggle into the cold, damp alley. A man in an overcoat seemed to be restraining my quarry in search of money. I pulled my pistol out and fired one shot through the skull of the mugger, who dropped to the ground.

"Sorry about making him bleed on your coat."

The young man didn't move.

"We're supposed to fight. I'm sure you know that... You're the one that sent the challange."

The young man stares intently at the ground.

"It doesn't seem like you're very fresh. And the whole fighting idea... It's interesting, but there aren't enough rules. How do you determine the winner? What parameters are there to the battle? Honestly," I said, clapping him on the back, "I was just confused. You probably want this to be something longer, or more drawn out, but by walking down that dark alley, by being mugged... You've really set yourself up."

I threw a punch against his face, knocking him out cold on the ground. I grab his hand and handcuff his arm to a nearby pipe.

"Call me when you tweak the rules." Realizing that he can't hear me, I scribble this down on a post it and stick it to his forehead.

-

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Tweak the rules? Okay, First of all you were supposed to be a diffrent character. I don't see the rules sayin no story battling. You write a plot and battle it out. Each poster a diffrent character. What's so unspecific about that. I wrote the example in the New Style Of Writing Thread. It should be like that. This had a good plot to.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Right, but were we supposed to fight, or were we supposed to fight something else, and who would pick a clear winner in the event that it was us fighting, were we supposed to help each other? I don't think I understood the rules very well, but the concept just seems kind of vague, that's all.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
Anonymous
FFR Player

I figured that people would act maturily about the whole thing. What you write is what happened. Whether you pin the against the wall or not. Even if the other person disagrees, if you get killed in a real battle it's your fault. So no one can complain, it's in the writers intrest what happens. By acting maturily I mean not doing a quick POPPED UP BEHIND LIGHTKNIGHT AND STABBED HIM DEAD. Making interesting for other viewers to read. Anyone can challenge another. I wanted to use you Mal as an example. So I hope i'm clearing this up for everyone. Use deatail and fun facts to make the battle interesting. Anything goes. Hell, it could be something huge for a battle. Like something that was taken place on the Titanic. Or an ecounter with King Kong. Someone being a civilian and someone being kong. Or even a battle on the slopes of Pompei. It can work. Just be mature about it and it could rock our socks off. Ok?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Can anybody join? Man I would rock tons of socks.