View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #11128
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Guru View Post
Proofread.
is something that the writer does before submitting any written work, not the reader. The writer writes, revises and proofreads so he/she can accurately and precisely convey his/her ideas. Really, the fact that you don't know the definition of proofreading tells me many things.

Moreover, it is split, "...change the hands into doubles? Same for triples..." You don't need to put "Same for triples" into that post, because it is redundant. There would have been absolutely no problem with "...change the hands into doubles? I heard that you don't allow those below FMOs," because hands are generally accepted as 3 simultaneous arrows on one frame. Same thing with the preceding post. "Hands and triples" is not necessary. "Hands" is fine. You are only creating a greater chance for misinterpretation.

K, I'm done ranting about proper writing. I would assume you thought you were doing nothing wrong because you did not know there was a specific definition for triples in the Official Picture Dictionary. Regardless of whether it was redundant or not, it's still a writing mistake.

This is often mistaken by many people, but it is more the writer's responsibility to convey his ideas properly. It is not the reader's responsibility to interpret the text the way the writer wants him/her to. That is why language and a set of rules for language exists. The first step in language communication is for the writer to write according to the given rules. The next step is for the reader to read according to the given rules. Without proper writing, proper reading cannot be done.[/offtopic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dore View Post
he thinks hands mean 4 arrows and triples mean 3

just let it be
rofl That's a new misconception.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 10-24-2008 at 02:32 PM..