noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
On the issue of touhou remixes...I came across the issue of Four Chord Touhou. I have the same file (well not exactly the same but the mp3s are similar but the one I have on sm the song was called "Touhou Apocalypse". If I was on my comp I could easily pull it out but sadly I can't until Saturday...
It might be a mistake from the step artist, although I'm not quite sure. This might be the sm file you're talking about : http://stepmania-online.com/index.ph...=song&sid=7243
"4 Chord Touhou" doesn't return a lot of google results and most of them are FFR-related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
likely to avoid copyright issues with kosuke
I'm not sure, there are other more known artists out there we don't have permission and are labeled by their name (Capsule, Ricky Martin). Maybe it has to do with how the file was labeled when it was converted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
On another note, shouldn't the artist credit for SigSig be "KorsK (remixed by _______)"? I'm a bit confused by it because I thought that remixes in general needs to be credited "artist x (remixed by artist y)"...
Yep, should be "kors k remixed by Yuuyu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
There really should be a format standardization for remixes.. there are a couple of files that have (track title) (____ Remix) and the artist is the original artist (such as Extratone Pirates [Drunk Optimus Remix], which has the artist Annoying Ringtone) and others that also have (track title) (_____ Remix) and the artist is the original artist AND remixed by said remixer (such as Connect [HOUSE SOUL REMIX], which has the artist ClariS remixed by taqumi).
As far as I know, that's the way things go (ORIGINALARTIST remixed by REMIXER).
Things are a bit different for classical songs with performers (COMPOSER / PERFORMER).

Last edited by noname219; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote