View Single Post
Old 08-5-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week (Aug 4, 2013)

N's Farewell illustrates a big problem with a lot of piano songs that are being submitted to the batches lately.

- The gallops are two notes at max. Some of them are stepped as three notes in that file, and then stuff like this happened:

The mix of hands and gallops from the close placements in the .sm file make it impossible to tell whether or not the file was meant to be hit as actually gallop bursts or jumps. If it was meant to be hit as jumps, then it should have just been stepped as jumps. If it was meant to be hit as gallops, the converter does not care. It's unfortunate a nice song like this had to succumb to more awkward color note playing with mixed note placements. Many piano files being submitted are like this too.

If something is supposed to be hit as a gallop, don't use ridiculously close intervals. If something is supposed to be hit as a jump, just step a jump. The converter does not care about the author's intent. Every stepper needs to keep this in mind every time they place color notes. Every time something like this happens, I patiently have to wait for whenever there is a jump placement in notes, and then it just becomes awkward.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote