View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #79
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

i play twg because i enjoy being able to throw my logic and thoughts around in a way that i can't really do outside of the game.

Quote:
I know the character I was playing as was generally useless and annoying, but that was the point. Playing a character to represent the new player that I am.
But apparently some people expected me to be useful.
All that was left for me to do was to give up on my character around day 2 and try to crash-course the meta, which is just school.

All in all, it left me with a feeling of "do I have to spend several weeks/months learning this game in order to have fun?", which isn't a good first impression.
I felt like I got thrown into a raid boss on my first day of playing.
you can still play as a "character" but ultimately, when you play a structured game, there still needs to be some semblance of motion. If all you're doing is shitposting and not contributing to the game, then i guess the time would definitely be better spent in some rp or something.

It's not really as much of a matter of "learning the game" as "keeping up with everything that's happening" i think. If you're keeping up and reading, you probably have opinions. stating your opinions is gr8, and being able to follow up by discussing the happenings and other people's points of views and actions is pretty good in the TWG environment. It'd be much better than a bunch of people who do play the game already (oops)

in the end, TWG ends up being "who're the bad guys! the bad guys are bad! discuss with everyone go" - if you imagine this in real life, someone who is fooling around and kinda distracting from conversation will be looked on with a certain perspective. then you make someone leave the game because you think they're a bad guy, everyone leaves the room, and then comes back except for people who died, and blah blah blah. It's an exercise in human interaction i guess. (i'm ranting now lol)

and of course, twg isn't going to be for everyone. if it's not your cup of tea, i'm glad that you at least took it for a spin. Kinda unfortunate that this was your first game, since the game itself was kinda tainted by inactivity and full out cheating, which sunfan hinted at in the opening. That'll be addressed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.