View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #27
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: Stepmania Difficulity Correcter [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Okay honestly this is a really good idea, and it's what I was hoping Mina's difficulty calculator would eventually become. Because if you pair it with a decent algorithm it actually gives the community the ability to patch their entire song folder and be talking about the same difficulty scale. This is something the SM community has been sorely needing for what like, a decade and a half now?

So I really hope you aren't discouraged by people bashing on the algorithm, because that's unrelated to what you've made and the piece you worked on actually looks quite nice.

That said I stand by my statement: SML's algorithm is garbage and until that changes I will prefer relying on pack authors to at least made the difficulties consistent with each other within each specific pack. I hope you can find someone with a better algorithm (read: Mina, but maybe there's some other ones out there too idk) and pair this tool up with their work, because I'd use it in a heartbeat if that was the case.
bolded emphasis part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote