View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #15
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Batch Submission Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
I don't think anyone's trying to be argumentative here...people are merely stating a concern. no one wants to spend the time to step a file only to find out it's rejected because the same song is already in queue. it's not like it's a really big issue. one solution could be for there to be a search function in the batch; when you search for a song, it tells you whether or not it's been sent by another user.
Kind of ruins the feature of private batches, as well as numerous issues on that, such as unexpected spelling errors, or people bruteforcing Official Tournament batch song names to figure out submitted content which defeats the purpose of it.

Also kinda ignored my post from the other thread that is parallel in discussion with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
oh cool! i like how i'll be able to get a notification too. could there also be a list of files which havent been accepted?

btw about private files, i don't want to waste my time stepping a file that's already been stepped for ffr, which is why i always check the batch before starting on a file. wouldn't this be a problem?
There's never a guarantee that the same file made by another author will get in, and the submission rules regarding same-song submissions that are around the same difficulty have pretty much been abolished. Also, I'm pretty sure that private batches will only be used in situations where displaying those submissions would affect something like a tournament. It's not going to be a regular practice to privatize open batches.
edit: whoops, turns out I am in said thread. Huh. Funny how discussion on a topic blends like that.

Also, there's nothing stopping discussion of people freely talking about what they submitted to batches, even if they are privatized. We have a pretty massive Official Discord that is talkative in all times of the day, and is no shortage of a hub on discussions in all things simfiling. I can understand some level of concern in the possibility of accidentally making charts for the same song under the same relative difficulty, yet the private batch update was only intended for usage where it's needed, and not for blanket prevention of people viewing batch, which is where the argument feels like it's stemming from.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 08-21-2020 at 06:53 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote