FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Need music recommendations | 1 year challenge

I'm so late for this :

Day Twenty-Six - December 26th, 2013
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

209: Blurred With Tears and Suffering Beyond Hope by Bull of Heaven (recommended by t-rogdor)

1. Blurred With Tears and Suffering Beyond Hope

Bull of Heaven is a project by Clayton Counts and Neil Keener (ex Planes Mistaken for Stars) who started producing music in 2008. Since then, they have made over 300 "music" "pieces". I mentioned them at some point in 2012, about the same time they went on hiatus. They have returned in 2013 and have released some psychedelic rock stuff. You can check Wikipedia for more nice information about the project.

This last about 197 days (more exactly 196 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes and 37 seconds), so I didn't bother listening to this in its entierity. I'm sure nobody would ever want to do that anyway. I listened to about 10-15 minutes from each excerpt, because, frankly, it is just the same thing repeated over and over. Excerpt A is wobbling noise. Has potential for 60 seconds, then it's boring to death. Excerpt B is mostly the same, with a different tempo, slight variations in intonation or pitch. Excerpt C is a 5 seconds industrial-type loop repeated for over an hour. Can't stand it for more than 2 minutes. Excerpt D offers another weird mix of unsettling reverberation. Could be used in a horror movie but on its own, it doesn't stand well.

In the end, the album isn't interesting for the music but for the excessively long length. You remain with an uneasy cold feeling, like staring at a giant blank wall. It's devoid of life.

Kudos to them for having a relatively fast website.

My rating : ★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited by noname219; 12-28-2013 at 09:18 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote