View Single Post
Old 05-1-2015, 12:31 PM   #24
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_rules View Post
I think this idea as a devil's advocate is lacking; generally for the sake that adding another form of skill indicator to the already numerous forms we have established won't increase the sandbagging (because the ones that will sandbag will already have the tools needed to know where they lie).
With an implementation such as this where it's practically in plain sight for even the most casual player, it is expected not that it would change how easy it is for people to track their division placement guess but how many people it would reach out to, and have it be known. But you're right, it would be just as easy to check the multiple other tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_rules View Post
Also since the hard wipe on my scores I've fell quite a bit since most of my scores were SDG's on mid 50; I've also never been in the mood to play after coming back from korea (I just log in randomly to go to the gambling hall). Am I sandbagging in this scenario?
No, this isn't sandbagging, because the damage is already done, and your current skill is unable to surpass the recorded skill based on your best scores. Sandbagging is when someone deliberately craps out their scores to make it look like all their scores are the same old scores when you have been practicing offline/on stepmania/under circumstances where your score is dumbed down on purpose, to mask your skill.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote