View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #19
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: My mother is in the hospital - Critical Condition

My father drove my brother & myself to the Sunnybrooke hospital in Toronto. We had to pack some stuff & get ready to leave for a long stay & recuperation time in Toronto. By the time we got to the hospital, she was already in surgery for angioplasty. It wasn't long that we had to wait for the surgery, and we presumed that the surgery went extremely smooth considering they were finished about an hour and a half early. They just needed some time to hook up the bed that was transferred from Peterborough up to the equipment in Toronto.

I'm afraid to break some bad news in this thread people, but according to the doctors that we talked to that were in part for the head of the surgery, apparently my mother had lost connection with her main artery to her brain during the transfer via Ambulance to the hospital in Toronto. They were quick to try and fix the issues on their end, but the problem may have been persisting ever since the issue was reported, and she may no longer be capable of speaking or talking. She is currently on life support, she cannot breathe on her own, she is hooked up to a respirator.

She is being administered sedatives to keep her in a coma-like state of sleep for the next 12 hours to allow healing from the surgery to take place. Doctors will not know what will happen when they stop the respirator and try to get her to breathe on her own, or see exactly how much damage has been done, but at best they describe it to be a miracle if we are ever to be able to see her back to her former self. Chances are slim and none. Everyone in my family is currently extremely depressed and worried.

I will update this once again after I visit the hospital tomorrow after the 12 hours of sedatives are up and they try to help get her off of life support.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote