View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #22
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: Your oppinion of Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharl View Post
There's a difference between overlooking some faulty code and releasing a product that has the potential to KILL PEOPLE, or at the very least cause serious wounds and destroy said computer. That's kind of a big oversight. That'd be like including razorblades in the middle of Snickers bars.

Also, that IS why Microsoft entered the playing field. However, they did it with the intention of appealing to the GAMER. Sony entered the field with the PS1 using CD format more or less to appeal to third party developers, who at this point have more or less access to everything they could want as far as power of a particular system goes. Upping the stakes by leaping to Blu-Ray isn't going to be their boon this time. I hope it'll be their downfall, but it's ****ing Sony we're talking about here, so it's not like they're going away any time soon.

Sony's success has very little to do with they themselves. It's purely because they jumped in the video game market at an opportune time when Nintendo decided to stick with an out-moded, expensive, restrictive media type and in the process alienated their strongest supporters (like Square, for example.)
I had a feeling my analogy wasn't going to be right on target.

The thing is, I don't that companies think to themselves when they make a product, "letz scru d customoors". I know Microsoft does not make faulty scripting on purpose just like how Sony does not makes exploding laptops on purpose.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote