View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default The Official FFR PICTURE Dictionary

Okay so basically I know everyone is getting sick of people asking what jacks and jumps and every other kind of pattern in the world are, so I decided to make an FFR Dictionary (sorry RobbyZero :P). But this time, to make it easier for everyone, I made pictures for each word. Note it is not in alphabetical order, but my own order. If you guys see anything I missed or any changes you think I should make, let me know and I will continue to edit the terms until you guys are happy with them. Enjoy.

COMBOS

Full Combo (FC) - Completing the entire song with no misses.

AAA - A full combo with all perfects - no goods, averages, misses, or boos.

Perfect Attack (PA) - Having a good ratio of Perfects:Goods.

Single Digit Good (SDG) - Comboing a song with less than 10 goods.

Blackflag - Comboing a song with 1 good and 0 averages/misses/boos.

PATTERNS
NOTE: The following numbers will be used for the arrows..
4 = <
2 = v
6 = >
8 = ^

Stream- A constant string of 16th notes.

Rolls - Rolling pattern between all 4 arrows (68246824).

Staircases - Similar to rolls but with a staircase pattern (6824286824)

Trills - Repeating pattern between 2 arrows (686868 or 646464).

Jack-hammers (Jacks) - Quick, repeated taps to one arrow (888888 or 666666).

Triples - Pattern involving 3 quick taps and a pause (686, 424, 464).

Jumps - Pattern involving 2 arrows hit at the same time.

Jumpstream - A stream with jumps in it.

Gallops - 2 quick arrows in a row, making a galloping sound (tap-tap).

Crossovers - Patterns of 4262426, 4868486, etc. in which pad dancing would require you to cross your foot over to the other side of the pad. It is also a difficult pattern for index playing, but is not too hard to overcome (Thank you Afrobean).

Running Man - Pattern where there is one constant arrow hit with 2 arrows alternating in between. The two alternating arrows must each be on the same side of the constant arrow, otherwise it's a mini-staircase or crossover staircase. Very challenging pattern for spread players to master.

Chains - Alternating jumps and single notes, connected by a single common note. (46), 6, (26), 2, etc.

Hands/Quads - A hand is three arrows at once, and a quad is four arrows at once.

4-Frame Jack
- Two of the same arrow that are four frames apart. These will often cause what are known as "avmisses", which occur when you try to hit the first arrow too late, and run into the second one instead. To offset this, make sure to hit a bit early on these. A lot of them in quick succession can be very hard to FC and even harder to PA.

3-Frame Jack - Two of the same arrow that are three frames apart. Like 4-framers, these will cause avmisses, but they will do so FAR more frequetly. Large numbers of them at once are ridiculously hard to combo and essentially impossible to PA--even PA'ing one of them can be difficult.

2-Frame Jack - Two of the same arrow that are two frames apart. You must hit VERY early on these to combo them and avoid avmisses, and they greatly increase the difficulty of any file they're in. It's also impossible to hit a 2-framer and get perfects on both arrows, thus causing any song with one to be impossible to get all perfects on. These are banned from most new FFR files, and are only in a total of about 15 older files, many of which are rated For Gurus Only.

1-Frame Jack - Two of the same arrow that are only one frame apart. These only appear on two songs--Crowdpleaser and Vertex BETA vrofl--and are ridiculously difficult to combo. If you combo a 1-framer, which in itself is a pretty impressive feat, you WILL get an average on the first arrow, without exception.

That's all I could think of, make sure you guys give me suggestions to add on to this.

Last edited by stlunatic0124; 04-11-2008 at 09:03 PM..