View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #41
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

I'll play too.

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?
I initially joined because my brother got Guitar Hero 3 for Christmas, and I wanted to see if other rhythm games on the computer existed, because my brother was always playing GH3 and I never got a proper turn to play on it. Found FFR in its golden years and left just as quickly. I found it again in 2012-ish on a nostalgia trip and there was 'Team Pony' and an Official Tournament running at the time, both of which I was interested in, so I participated in both.

It was the first time in my life that I've actually had friends for longer than a couple years, and so that was primarily the driving force as to why I've stayed around as long as I have.

What is the story behind your username?
Very, very simple. I needed a username to log into Ragnarok Online, one of the first MMO's that I played. Normally, and as naïve as I was, I used my e-mail as my username up until this point, and the game wouldn't let me do that. I had to come up with an actual username. I liked Pokemon Gold at the time, and my mom was watching Lord of the Rings at the time, at the part where Frodo was fighting with his sword named 'Sting', so naturally, my 8 year old brain put Gold and Sting together and I got 'Gold Stinger'. Eventually that name went through the wringer and turned into 'Goldstinger'.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)
Absolutely Dossar when I first played. I wanted to be as good as the person that had YouTube videos of themselves, and had some of the best scores in-game at the time. I wanted to play them in MP and never got the chance.

After that, Team Pony made a significant impact. Once Team Pony started falling behind and into obscurity, I started going to Anime North, and wanted to contribute further with people that I've actually hanged out with irl, and started working as a judge, then events, and then a general mix of everything. Now it's Velocity that primarily keeps me around, and doubt that is going to change anytime soon until he nukes the website

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)
Campaign Mode.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote