View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #199
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
longpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
What about [1913] Sleep and [2186] Sleep, Part 2?
Everything mentioned here has been fixed, except for the stuff listed below:

À correspondances illumitées -> I could not change the 'A' and the 'e' characters to match, because in-game does not support it. The website supports it, but it doesn't translate properly in-game. Capitalization has been adjusted though to match.

Comptine d'un autre été Techno Remix -> Same issue applies as above, but capitalization has been fixed.

[1199] Etude in E Major > Étude in E Major OR Étude Op. 10, No. 3 in E major
[1375] Op.10 No.9 > Étude in F Minor OR Étude Op. 10, No. 9 in F minor
These were changed to 'Etude Op. 10, No. 3 in E major' & 'Etude Op. 10, No. 9 in F minor' respectively to avoid disambiguation errors. If there's 'proper song names' or 'inherited names' for these musical pieces, I'd rather use those instead but this is good for right now.

'Minute Waltz' and 'Minute Waltz v2' were already changed, so no changes made.

For:
[1723] Andrew Huang > Songs To Wear Pants To
[1829] Andrew Huang > Songs To Wear Pants To
I'll need some verification/clarification on this specifically for 'It's Too Loud' and 'Internet Heroes' because this is 2 of 5 songs attributed under 'Andrew Huang'. List of Andrew Huang songs:
Trap Funk
Mario Trap
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Internet Heroes
It's Too Loud

Meanwhile, there are 6 attributed songs for 'songstowearpantsto', and would like to know if we are blanket appending 'Songs To Wear Pants To' to all of these plus the two songs misattributed under Andrew Huang that should be under 'Songs To Wear Pants To', or this is happening to ALL songs that involve the attribution 'Andrew Huang'.
List of 'songstowearpantsto' songs:
PUNK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON RAINBOWS
Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows
THE LITTLE MERMAID
tetris [songstowearpantsto]
super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome)
Politically Correct Holiday Song

[1092] 5 OC Remixers > OverClocked ReMixers OR OverClocked ReMix
[991] 7 OCReMixers & Nobuo Uematsu > OverClocked ReMixers OR OverClocked ReMix
As per OCReMix permission stipulations, in situations with multiple ReMixers involved, I've attributed 'Black Wing Metamorphosis' and 'Lover Reef' directly to 'OverClocked ReMix', which has now had its wiki page updated to support those songs, and linking out to each individual artist credited on each individual song page.

for 'Ludwig van Beethoven / T. Leen', it has been changed but I would like T. Leen's full name if available so that those particular changes with old pianist's / musicians are standardized. A few other songs with this kind of Song Author attribution have also been changed to use full names.

[2304] New World Disorder > New World Disorder (23's Orchestra Dubstyle Extravaganza)
Since this is a remix, attribution credit is going to '23 feat. Arkasia' with a wiki splitter page to credit both authors (the remix, and the original work, in that order) equally, as-is the standard now moving forward (and a fair amount of fixes applied via the author re-linking project).

[2095] asha > zmi
Same here, proper attribution should be 'asha feat. zmi', with remixer first, featuring zmi since their original content is remixed upon and featured in asha's work. The Author link involved will link to a splitter page on the wiki, crediting both artists equally.

That being said, iterations of 'Remixing Inconsistencies' laid out within this post have been addressed/fixed in this fashion.

[2356] Trobbel > Trøbbel
[1695] Pokamen Party > Pokàmen Party
[31] Revolutionary Etude > Revolutionary Étude
[1658] Revolutionary Etude v2 > Revolutionary Étude v2
'o' symbol is not supported in-game, same with similar characters in this set. Nothing has been changed about these, since the only things needing change on them, are characters that are unsupported.

[328] Free Space (FFR Edit) > Free Space OR Free Space [Cut] or Free Space [FFR Edit] (however you'd prefer to standardize song cuts]
Free Space has a lot of Real Estate being at the top of the songlist sorted A-Z, and by difficulty (Unless you have Eien Meikyu unlocked). For this reason, I am choosing for the meantime to keep it as [FFR Edit] so as to not dramatically change how the song name looks while utilizing []'s as editorial tags. I am down for community debate though if people would prefer to see 'Free Space [Cut]' or 'Free Space' instead (since there is not a 2nd version of Free Space that is a separate cut or full version), since that is how it should look following editorial tag standardization.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-21-2022 at 06:13 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote