Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #99
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I agree with shutting everything down and keeping distance/self-isolating, but at the end of the day, based on what I've seen, I feel like if an "average" person (not too old, decently healthy, no major health issues) gets it, then they will be really sick for a bit and then recover and be immune, so it does seem over-hyped to me tbh,
Obesity increases risk from the virus, same with high blood pressure, same with asthma, or sleep apnea.

Hypertension = High Blood Pressure. If you have it, your chance of dying just increased by 6%.

If you have any chronic issue with breathing. Whether it's asthma, or sleep apnea, or get winded easily, your chance of dying just increased by 6%.

Doctor's around the world are still looking at how that translates to obesity based on severity of obesity, and don't have results for it yet. But, it's being speculated that it will drastically increase chances of dying in comparison to numbers above.

So yeah, if you're talking about the Average, non-smoker, Healthy & fit individual, with absolutely no underlying health complications of any kind, then chances are it's no higher than 0.5%, between ages of 20-50.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-22-2020 at 03:40 PM..