View Single Post
Old 08-5-2019, 07:47 PM   #34
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I still don't know any relevant facts, because nobody talks about them
I know the shooter was a white kid
I know he had an "ak-47 style gun"
And I know 29 people were killed in two different places
Where did he get the gun
What kind of gun is it
Where did he get ammo
Did he share his plans with anyone?
Etc
None of this is being talked about so how do you expect to fix a problem without any context of the problem?
Not all of the facts have been discovered yet, when they're released we can talk about those too. But why not talk about stuff we already know?

I know he shared a manifesto on 8chan, minutes before he started shooting. Which is another drop in the bucket as to why 8chan is a shithole that should be burned to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post

A large part of this, I believe, stems from America's obsession with the Constitution. The founding fathers themselves could not have predicted the shelf-life that we've slapped onto that document, yet here we are, 300+ years later, still thumping our tables to the guarantee that the government will not quarter soldiers in the homes of civilians in times of peace.

Things have to change in a big way for America to stop being such an eyesore to the rest of the world. I think it would be beyond drastic, and my views on how this would happen are nowhere near feasible, but I think we need an entirely new basis for what America gets its values from before anything can change. We're stuck in the past because we have an obsession with a document that has outlived its purpose, only in letter.
sunfan coming in with the money shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 08-5-2019 at 07:51 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote