View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #1081
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3
Default Re: Official Anniversary & Thousands of Posts Thread

Sometime tomorrow marks 10 years since I signed up for FFR. Ten goddamn years. November 30th, 2006. Wow.

I was 14 when I made this account. I don't even use this username anywhere anymore. I carried it over from RuneScape. Yeah. That long ago.

George W. Bush was still president. iPhones didn't exist yet. My friends and I all had MySpace pages that we actually checked often. "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake was the hot new jam that everyone was listening to. Trading Pokémon still involved a link cable.

A lot of us were just kids when we stumbled across this site. Now many of us have jobs, families, children. Part of me is amazed that FFR is still here. I quit playing the game 4 or 5 years ago and I quit posting actively sometime after that, probably shortly after the whole "brony" craze hit. (I should probably wipe my profile page. (edit: and my signature)) But I still lurk here every so often. This site, and this community helped me grow up. I learned things here. This is where I was first introduced to EDM. This is where I was first introduced to Touhou Project (thanks ddr_f4n and Xx{Midday}xX, if you guys are still here). This place left an impact on me.

Thanks, FFR.

Last edited by Crashfan3; 11-30-2016 at 01:17 AM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote