View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Should we consider double setup "legit"

FFR is 4key rhythm based game, not 8key. The game wouldn't be based around properly trying to hit patterns anymore, but trying to remember which areas of a song constitutes a 'double-tap'. I say leave it as is right now.

It also has a lot more to do than just "getting good scores on jackhammer madness", it has to do with response time, and speed, which is what makes up a large majority of good players. Don't think I'm trying to defend good players in the slightest - the problem is that 100% of players would have to scrap their playstyles for a playstyle that no one has practice using, for the chance of being able to get better scores.

tl;dr using 4 keys for 4 arrows is kind of a given and I don't see why FFR would constitute legibility of using 8 keys instead, or 16 keys, or 32, or a bot.

ps
just like how people started using hands & quads when keyboards started registering more than 2 keys at a time,
accepting 8key setup gives valid reason for charters to create 0-framers on purpose.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-27-2014 at 10:50 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote