noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post
This is absolutely correct. People's minds will not change unless they want to change themselves. You can not force anything onto anyone. Like I mentioned before, science exists because of God and no where does God say he is against science.

Many of you are not understanding my meaning when i say:
theists - Love > Science
atheist - Science > Love; so I will explain it in a different way.

God preaches nothing but Love in different ways, shapes, and sizes. Theists who believe in God are constantly reading, understanding, and accepting the word of God. Therefore theists put Love on a higher plane then they put science because Love takes a higher priorety.

Atheists, who do not involve emotions(such as love) within thier science, are constantly looking for answers and information based on concrete evidence, facts, and scientific support. Atheists are constantly reading, understanding, and accepting new scientific discoveries. therefore atheists put Science on a higher plane then they put love because Science takes a higher priorety.

But as a Christian or someone who is trying to understand the Christian faith should understand this:

Matthew 22:37, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” It outweighs all other commandments and is a summary of all that God requires of us.

We should love God above everything and everyone else (Matthew 10:37 ). It leads to obeying His other laws (John 14:15 ). Without it, life is empty and religion is worthless. But in loving God, we fulfill our reason for existence. God wants us to love Him with our whole being – from the bottom of our heart to the top of our mind.

Unfortunately, we sinners are “lovers of self, lovers of money, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (2 Timothy 3:2,4). We are guilty of breaking God’s greatest commandment. But God loved us and sent Christ to save us. We can be forgiven by faith in Him. We then show our gratitude by loving Him (Luke 7:47 ). This is how we are able to truly love God. Then we can spend all eternity loving God and being loved by Him.
Following your explanation, you generalized that all atheists put science in front of love. Atheists and the process behind scientific understanding are two different things.
So, automatically the assumptions you're making are based on a misunderstanding.