Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG L: Host Voting (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=76374)

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 08-23-2007 11:34 AM

TWG L: Host Voting

in b4 'TWG L OLOLOLOL'

You know the drill. PM me your ideas, or post them here.

We'll vote on them.

We'll play.

Go.

DarkManticoreX2 08-23-2007 11:43 AM

Re: TWG L: Host Voting

Twg L Olololol

StoicRoivaS 08-23-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 1744574)
Twg L Olololol

Precisely why we can't have good things. Maximum maturity, go!

Again, I'm putting myself up for another TTtwg but I don't really have anything to post at the moment, nor would I really post it if I did. Pseudo-mystery like last time. If I get motivated I'll like the old question/explanation thread for those of you who don't recall or weren't here then. Or someone could like it for me. If you do, link both please. As I recall, questions were fielded in a separate thread, as well as in the host voting thread.

alainbryden 08-23-2007 03:49 PM

Who are we voting on for host? I would be interested in hosting my first game some time.

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 08-23-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alainbryden (Post 1744864)
Who are we voting on for host? I would be interested in hosting my first game some time.

Anyone who wants to host says so, we look at the possible hosts/games, and we vote.

Kilgamayan 08-24-2007 01:51 AM

TWG L

mao

StoicRoivaS 08-24-2007 09:12 AM

Ok, well, I'm going to vote for myself and pretend I'm not surrounded by twelve-year olds (might as well be twelve year-olds, and, no, you don't get it, so don't try) and if alain wants to host a game, he can come up with an idea and post it, and I'll reconsider if need be. Again, no story in the PMs this time around, and probably slightly less day/night story.

Jesus christ guys, I know all the "vets" are being super dramatic about "leaving TWG because it's not as good as it used to be", but you don't have to go and prove them right at every god-forsaken oppurtunity you get. It's like we're filling the user group with JWC's or something. Grow up.

P.S. inb4 who is "myself"??!!!11? LOLZ
P.P.S. inb4 PMs ROFLOLZZZ
P.P.P.S. inb4 P.P. ROFLAMOLZ

And whatever else I missed, tools.

DarkManticoreX2 08-24-2007 09:46 AM

I'm going to take the oportunity and not say any of the things stoic said hes in before.

Haven't played in a TT twg, are there items/roles?

StoicRoivaS 08-24-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 1746089)
I'm going to take the oportunity and not say any of the things stoic said hes in before.

Haven't played in a TT twg, are there items/roles?

Well done.

Here is the original "question" thread:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=51003

and here is the other thread of relevance (the actual game thread):

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=51384

Please, and again for emphasis, please, at least attempt to read the first post in the first link there to get a miniscule grasp of what's going on here. Reading at least a few pages in the actual game will also help you greatly in getting a better feel for what will "actually" happen when it comes time to play the game. Speaking from experience, the people that put effort into understanding the idea had very little trouble if any following the game's mechanics and intricacies. On the other hand, the people that were unwilling to put in any effort past their "in" post had numerous questions that were more often than not (read: always) answered somewhere else. I'm not saying that I'm unwilling to help the players understand, as the past players will certainly tell you I took a lot of time to explain things to them, but I would prefer not to answer the same question 16 times over aim.

Next time I get bored I'll finalize my design for TT twg v2 and post what little I can under the guise of "hints". The mechanics will be exactly the same, and a fair number of the roles probably will be as well, but you can count on some being missing, some being in different quantities, and some being entirely new. That is all.

jwcgator 08-24-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS (Post 1746058)
It's like we're filling the user group with JWC's or something. Grow up.

What?

P.S. Let's throw a pity party for stoic because people aren't so super srs as him.

P.P.S I may not be serious but I'm not retarded. Just thought I would let you know that.

P.P.P.S In before "I doubt that". Yes, I'm looking at YOU sertman.

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 08-24-2007 07:15 PM

stoic

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 08-24-2007 07:15 PM

Oh god that felt like a reaaalllyyy shiity bandwagon post.

shiity because I'm lazy for filters

DarkManticoreX2 08-24-2007 08:43 PM

No other ideas, I don't see why we need to vote.

Stoic for good measure, but I'd say just host it.

nijatwo 08-24-2007 09:45 PM

Rioting said he'd play if another tt game happened and I love him. Ergo: stoic

x3Mamimi 08-24-2007 10:43 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking someone was just in a bad mood or something and isn't usually that mean for no reason, JWC. All I ask if that you try and not play during bandcamp..

I'd like.. to wait and see if anyone else has an idea before we bandwagon stoic...?

Kilgamayan 08-25-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS (Post 1746058)
P.S. inb4 who is "myself"??!!!11? LOLZ
P.P.S. inb4 PMs ROFLOLZZZ
P.P.P.S. inb4 P.P. ROFLAMOLZ

And whatever else I missed, tools.

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

StoicRoivaS 08-25-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgamayan (Post 1748014)
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't mean to come off so aggravated, but there are basically two motivating factors behind it. 1) Quite a few people complain about how lax things here are and how awesome they used to be and 2) Quite a few people have a bad tendency to contribute nothing but garbage, consistently. Yes, I understand people like JWC aren't super srs, but the manner in which they approach this game is far, far below the standard of super srs and approaching the insulting category. If you sign up for a forum game, it seems to me that (for the most part) immature jokes and similar content can be left for other places and countless posts which are typically nothing more than meaningless diarrhea of the mouth (figurative mouth, obviously), shouldn't be repeatedly tolerated. Though I will admit, JWC's terrible habits were pretty much dropped entirely and picked up by FJ at some point, or so it seems.

Also, to stop ranting for a moment, is alain still interested in hosting?

talisman 08-26-2007 10:50 PM

so I'm toying with retiring after 50. we'll see.

StoicRoivaS 08-27-2007 07:33 AM

So does that mean alain has conceded the spot to me? If so I'll finalize the game this afternoon and get signups rolling tomorrow most likely.

Also, talisman, don't do that.

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA 08-28-2007 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman (Post 1752370)
so I'm toying with retiring after 50. we'll see.

Iggy leaving was enough.

If you leave I'll cry.

Or something.