Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR Standalone! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120256)

justin_ator 11-2-2011 10:48 AM

Re: FFR Standalone!

Which engine are you using legoboy792?

raskanally 11-2-2011 10:53 AM

i have that same problem(retry song button doesnt work, but the new song button does), and im using the Flash 9 standalone and the new MP version of Velocity's engine.

legoboy792 11-2-2011 12:50 PM

Sorry it was the velocity engine

justin_ator 11-2-2011 02:28 PM

Well, if it is the new MP version, that's going to be the issue most likely. Velocity is still doing a lot of work on it. If you are using the regular Velocity engine, I don't know what the issue is and I can try and ask him about it.

legoboy792 11-2-2011 03:33 PM

OK it was the mp beta i just thought you might want to know, also for the non beta is there some way to make the screen smaller? i like the beta version because the screen is alot smaller.

justin_ator 11-2-2011 03:35 PM

If you are using a standalone it should just auto resize with the window if you drag to resize it. If you are in a browser you will have to make sure you don't have it full-screened and then resize the window. There's no way to have it full-screened and small.

legoboy792 11-2-2011 04:58 PM

COOL thanks now i can play with alot less lag

Teddy_scfa 11-2-2011 07:08 PM

^^ there was an entire thread I made two days ago about this... I don't know why you all keep suggesting we "delete cookies" (metaphor). Mine still autofails every play on mac standalone 9,10,11

Edit: 3 other people have this problem so it's not a setting problem its a coding issue

Velocity 11-2-2011 07:18 PM

Well, 3 people have this issue and it happens to be on Mac each time. I use Windows, not Mac. It's not like it's an easy thing to fix for me. There is no apparent reason why it should fail, seeing that those features have existed long before I ever took over.

justin_ator 11-2-2011 07:22 PM

Well what I find odd is it's not the majority of Mac users, it's 3 people. If it was a coding issue, would it not affect more of the Mac using population?

Velocity 11-2-2011 07:50 PM

The only way a song would auto-fail right away is if the level loaded incorrectly. Which if there was a real problem there, everyone would be affected, and not just 3 users.

Teddy_scfa 11-2-2011 09:52 PM

I don't know shyte about it. I was using 'coding' as an umbrella word (my fault) and it just seems odd that multiple people started having issues at the same time as the whole perfect error was happening/fixed. People "ignoring the problem as a user setting issue" is more frustrating than the actual problem.. hence the antagonizing 'CAPS LOCK words (another metaphor)' that would draw interest.

PS Would rather mash than argue

bballa48 11-2-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3561291)
Well, 3 people have this issue and it happens to be on Mac each time. I use Windows, not Mac. It's not like it's an easy thing to fix for me. There is no apparent reason why it should fail, seeing that those features have existed long before I ever took over.

I guess my question would be what changed in the last 5 days or so? I think it was Saturday when it stopped working for me and others. Also, why is it the Velo engine only? I "created a projector" a while ago and that still works. DF engine works as well.

Anyway, at least I can play as of now, but unfortunately my projector still has the miss glitch, which sorta sucks.

HighAndr0id 11-4-2011 11:53 AM

thanks guys for your hard work, this game is almost playable now :D

rushyrulz 11-4-2011 11:57 AM

holy shit HighAndr0id outta nowhereee.

Teddy_scfa 11-4-2011 02:15 PM

^ SEALAB!

WSCB 11-4-2011 02:31 PM

Welp, my mac just failed standalone on me. lol It was fine before Saturday, and now I just play with the regular engine.

Akarin 11-13-2011 07:36 AM

Which version of flash works best for FFR? I looked around the forums and Flash 8 seems to be the main answer. What about the new 11 version? Does it matter for the standalone player?

justin_ator 11-13-2011 12:33 PM

Yeah, you really have to try out what is best for you on the standalone version. Different people run different ones better. I run Flash 9 best, but others run Flash 8 or 11 better. Just try each and see what results you get.

popsicle_3000 11-16-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddy_scfa (Post 3561287)
^^ there was an entire thread I made two days ago about this... I don't know why you all keep suggesting we "delete cookies" (metaphor). Mine still autofails every play on mac standalone 9,10,11

Edit: 3 other people have this problem so it's not a setting problem its a coding issue

mine is autofailing as well. but interestingly, the DF Velocity Engine doesn't autofail...