Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR Standalone! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120256)

justin_ator 07-25-2015 06:37 AM

Re: FFR Standalone!

Hopefully someone else can weigh in with a solution, but I'm running Windows 8 now and lag regardless of what I do/use now as well.

_Zenith_ 07-25-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 4341933)
Hi people,

I'm back playing FFR after a few years, and now I cannot get the game to run smoothly. About every 30 seconds, I get a small framerate drop which makes it hard to PA consistently.

I am on Windows 7, running the Flash 16 Standalone, R^3 engine, set to 60 fps. I have tried every single standalone version, but there doesn't seem to be any difference. I tried hardware accelleration on/off, and some different settings in my NVIDIA control panel, but no difference.

Does anyone recognize these problems and know a fix?

Try Flash Player 9; it has given me the most flawless success with playing.

I play on FP9 with 50fps, low quality with running it in administrator.

Khenra 07-25-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4341937)
Try Flash Player 9; it has given me the most flawless success with playing.

I play on FP9 with 50fps, low quality with running it in administrator.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

_Zenith_ 07-25-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 4341938)
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

If it doesn't help PM me, I think there might be another solution as well. :)

Khenra 08-1-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 4341933)
Hi people,

I'm back playing FFR after a few years, and now I cannot get the game to run smoothly. About every 30 seconds, I get a small framerate drop which makes it hard to PA consistently.

I am on Windows 7, running the Flash 16 Standalone, R^3 engine, set to 60 fps. I have tried every single standalone version, but there doesn't seem to be any difference. I tried hardware accelleration on/off, and some different settings in my NVIDIA control panel, but no difference.

My problem still persists, so any other tips are welcome :)

Mourningfall 08-1-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 4345150)
My problem still persists, so any other tips are welcome :)

Are you by chance using Aero theme? or any theme with an opaque/semi-transparent toolbar/windows/etc? They can cause a lot of lag on FFR.(vista/win7)
Try going into personalization and set the theme to classic and let us know if you see any improvement. :)

Khenra 08-1-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mourningfall (Post 4345151)
Are you by chance using Aero theme? or any theme with an opaque/semi-transparent toolbar/windows/etc? They can cause a lot of lag on FFR.(vista/win7)
Try going into personalization and set the theme to classic and let us know if you see any improvement. :)

I'm not using Aero, just the Classic theme. Thanks for the advice though!

Khenra 08-3-2015 08:50 AM

Oh wow, so I just discovered that the OP actually has some super-helpful tips..

Anyway, I set the Flash process priority to "Realtime" and it helps a lot. I use a little program called Prio to keep it set to Realtime any time I run it.

Thanks Mourningfall and _Zenith_ for your help, next time I'll properly read the OP before posting :P

SK8R43 08-14-2015 02:25 PM

I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and got a new bigger tv/monitor but now i cant use flash 9 or flash 11 without getting tons of goods on legacy engine, what do?
Which flash player should i use with windows 10?

Khenra 08-14-2015 07:01 PM

I've heard good things about Flash 18, you should try that :)

tommytommy 08-23-2015 06:03 PM

Just recently I tried to open my Projector file and the load percentage was stuck at 0%.
I cleared my IE cache, I even tried opening the swf again in flash and it froze me on a blank white window. Seriously why did this happen I was playing literally yesterday and this is the first problem I've ever encountered using standalone and it just randomly happened. FIXED, it was my internet

Deidara837 08-23-2015 06:20 PM

Seems like a lot of people are having similar issues. On FP9 standalone when I attempt to load the swf link, nothing happens, stays at the blank white screen of an empty flash player. Some others are getting the stuck at 0% thing too

ssbmchamp 08-23-2015 06:28 PM

Of course the one night I finally have time to play I can't get on any of the engines....anyone know whats going on?

Untimely Friction 08-23-2015 07:04 PM

Talked to velo, He talked to synth, update to a thing broke a thing, 30 mins from now all should be well.

Hype?

_Zenith_ 08-23-2015 07:05 PM

It's funny because I've had the engine open all day and I can still play and have my scores recorded but apparently it's broken to everyone else for the time being 8)

KLiTz 08-23-2015 07:16 PM

Ok, well Im glad I saw this thread. Tried to play and getting the blank screen of death like everyone else. Any updates on a fix?

Untimely Friction 08-23-2015 07:43 PM

Everythings working now!

Deidara837 08-23-2015 09:50 PM

Yay cool cool

Edit: ish, Loading 5/6 stuck sometimes

sickufully 08-23-2015 10:14 PM

R^3 is still buggered for me. I can load the engine and load a song but as soon as the song starts, the screen stays black but the song still plays. Velo works fine. Also, I use FP14.

EDIT - All is good now.

Bach96 08-24-2015 12:07 AM

Flash Player 9 is not allowing me to load the R^3 Engine. Gets stuck at 5/6 every time.